Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
92 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Can my stock Tacoma T-case (chain drive) crawl box section be put in front of a gear driven t case to make a dual case setup? Also if I decide to just go with gear driven case only and want to upgrade the shaft from 21 to 23 full spline what part do I get for to the transmission to accept the 23 instead of 21?

·
Registered
1,234 Posts
Can my stock Tacoma T-case (chain drive) crawl box section be put in front of a gear driven t case to make a dual case setup? Also if I decide to just go with gear driven case only and want to upgrade the shaft from 21 to 23 full spline what part do I get for to the transmission to accept the 23 instead of 21?
No, no, no.
Go to marlin/inchworm/trailgear.. unless your a passneger drop axle now you cant use a gear case. You can only use the crawl box portion of the gear case.
Inchworm is the only ones making lefty gear cases, not sure if they still are or not.

·
Registered
2,609 Posts
Also if I decide to just go with gear driven case only and want to upgrade the shaft from 21 to 23 full spline what part do I get for to the transmission to accept the 23 instead of 21?
Assuming a 95-04 Tacoma, you should be 23-spline already for either 4 cylinder or V6 with auto, or V6 with 5-speed. If it's a 5-speed and 4 banger, you should be 21 spline. Those all being the case, when you order your adapter from Marlin/TG/Inchworm/AA whatever, you just need to specify the spline count for the adapter.

Unless, you're talking about upgrading the output shaft from a 4 cylinder 5 speed, then that's a different issue altogether.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts