Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anny one out thair has built 4x4 for thair kids? Igot my son a jeep powerweels for his third b-day. he has shone me that he can handle something that can do better offroad. i want to build him a minne masher whith 4 wheel drive. if anny one has built or are building something like this for thair kids send me some picts or just let me know whut you have done. my kid loves mud so would like to build something that could fit a set of 34tsl on it. Thanks a lot i hope to get some reply`s. <IMG SRC="smilies/bounce2.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/bounce.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/bounce2.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/jeep1.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/ghost.gif" border="0">
 

·
IH/Rover Moderator
Joined
·
20,917 Posts
Suzuki LT50 Quad is perfect for a 5-6 Y.O
<IMG width=220 height=144 SRC="http://www.pirate4x4.com/ubb/uploads/DSC_0218_220x144.jpg">
 

·
FU2
Joined
·
2,098 Posts
My minie me is get'n one, and it go's sumpting like this....

Cast iron 8hp Brigs motor mounted sideways in the front..

Torque-O-verter belt drive 5:1 overdrive and 9:1 underdrive, mounted to motor..

Drive shaft off the TOV to a sammy t-case..

Sammy axles..

30" tires..

Welded rear,open front

Tube frame..

20Gauge flat fender body..

four link front, 3 link rear on old motor cyle shocks mounted inboard..

all home built, the only draw back is NO reverse

<IMG SRC="smilies/frown.gif" border="0">

my 5 yr old's itty bitty Bender buggy <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
<IMG SRC="smilies/eyemouth.gif" border="0"> dose annyone know about how mutch one of those little quads go for
 

·
Moderating Midget
Joined
·
27,537 Posts
Originally posted by Tin Bender:
<STRONG>My minie me is get'n one, and it go's sumpting like this....

Cast iron 8hp Brigs motor mounted sideways in the front..

Torque-O-verter belt drive 5:1 overdrive and 9:1 underdrive, mounted to motor..

Drive shaft off the TOV to a sammy t-case..

Sammy axles..

30" tires..

Welded rear,open front

Tube frame..

20Gauge flat fender body..

four link front, 3 link rear on old motor cyle shocks mounted inboard..

all home built, the only draw back is NO reverse

<IMG SRC="smilies/frown.gif" border="0">

my 5 yr old's itty bitty Bender buggy <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
Super Dad! Giddy Up!!
 

·
Fabster
Joined
·
2,529 Posts
the little jeep idea is one i have tossed around. I dont thind that the 8 hp motor will get it. put a palaris quad motor in it. four stoke, more like 30 some hp with 5 speed trans and revers. I think thay have drive shafts front and rear. <IMG SRC="smilies/scary.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,048 Posts
Now my hubby wants to build one for our daughter! She is only 2!! Oh well start them out early I guess.


She is pretty good at drivin the XJ with daddy's help!
 

·
IH/Rover Moderator
Joined
·
20,917 Posts
Originally posted by funky4x:
<STRONG> <IMG SRC="smilies/eyemouth.gif" border="0"> dose annyone know about how mutch one of those little quads go for</STRONG>
The 50 to 80CC quads go for 1600.00 new and they grow out of them fast so there are a easy find used for 500/1000.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,102 Posts
i'm building my boy a mini,
all tube frame
XR350 motor
4whl indepent susp. built from older subaru
runs 30's on subaru rims.
its 4WD with the subaru running gear,
2 seater for his freind the whole thing is only a little bigger than a honda pilot.
its almost done.
this is up from the go-kart i put quad susp on a few years back.

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: RHINO ]
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
Originally posted by wngrog:
<STRONG>Super Dad! Giddy Up!!</STRONG>
yep this Is what I do!!!!!!


But when They Are older I gonna get Some dirtbikes hehehhehehehe and ther girls!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! <IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0">

Adam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
Originally posted by TJ Chicky:
<STRONG>Now my hubby wants to build one for our daughter! She is only 2!! Oh well start them out early I guess.


She is pretty good at drivin the XJ with daddy's help!</STRONG>
let him This is what I plan for our 2 Girls

hehehhehehhehehe
<IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/maggie.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/maggie.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
heh we be makin our kids psychos on the rocks before they get a drivers liscence <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
Originally posted by TRAILHAWG:
<STRONG>heh we be makin our kids psychos on the rocks before they get a drivers liscence <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
This Is My goal !!!!! My wife thinks I am Crazy But right Now I am looking At Simpson Car seat's With 5 point harness pretty cool Eh!!!!!!!!! <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/maggie.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/maggie.gif" border="0">


Adam,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
has powerwheels ever made a 4x4.my 3 year olds little jeep dose pritty good offroad in 2 high.I just think of the obsticels he would be able to go through if the front tires where spining to. I LOVE IT!!!!! <IMG SRC="smilies/cool.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/eek.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/jeep1.gif" border="0">
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
188 Posts
Originally posted by Adam Ant:
<STRONG>This Is My goal !!!!! My wife thinks I am Crazy But right Now I am looking At Simpson Car seat's With 5 point harness pretty cool Eh!!!!!!!!! <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/biggrin.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/maggie.gif" border="0"> <IMG SRC="smilies/maggie.gif" border="0">


Adam,</STRONG>
we got one for our lil girl it rocks!!!!!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,104 Posts
Why not try to find a 4wd quad with a good motor and axles.You may be able to find one some one crashed or a theft recovery cheap.Then put the quad drive train in a home made tube frame.
 

·
FU2
Joined
·
2,098 Posts
Originally posted by Randy:
<STRONG>the little jeep idea is one i have tossed around. I dont thind that the 8 hp motor will get it. put a palaris quad motor in it. four stoke, more like 30 some hp with 5 speed trans and revers. I think thay have drive shafts front and rear. <IMG SRC="smilies/scary.gif" border="0"></STRONG>
??
The T.O.V. is just like an auto tranny... it(9:1), the trans case (2 sumptin to 1), and the axle gears (3.55?) would give it something like a 60 sumptin crawl ratio... The T.O.V. is the same thing used in the little kids drag cars....

the only draw back of a quad is that the axles are soooooo skinny.

8hp, it's simple and gear'd more for the "kids"....my.02
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,881 Posts
My kid would love something like this, he's a powerwheels psyco, but starting to out grow it. Those are some good ideas.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,052 Posts
Originally posted by RHINO:
<STRONG>i'm building my boy a mini,
all tube frame
XR350 motor
4whl indepent susp. built from older subaru
runs 30's on subaru rims.
its 4WD with the subaru running gear,
2 seater for his freind the whole thing is only a little bigger than a honda pilot.
its almost done.
this is up from the go-kart i put quad susp on a few years back.

[ 09-16-2001: Message edited by: RHINO ]</STRONG>
Got any pic's...this sounds interesting!
 
1 - 20 of 20 Posts
Top