Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 24' wells cargo, a 16' and a 36' flat bed. and i still don't have the trailer i want. i was talking with a friend of mine about building a new trailer. the best one i have ever used was the wells cargo. it is so cool to just load everything up and be able to just take off. and it is great in camp to have a storage building/ lodging set up that is big and dry. but my rig has out grown my wells cargo, and my family has out grown my cab over.
i was thinking another 24' enclosed, but max width bumper pull. but the more i think about it a 28' max width goose would be kick ass. like a toy hauler on steroids. put in a shitter and a sink and register it as a rv. 9' high inside and 8'2" wide inside. with some fold out cots for my kids to sleep on and a bed over the gooseneck for the wife and i. this way i could still haul 2 rigs if i needed to and have plenty of room for everthing else. i figure a 24' awning on the side and a couple of ac's on top will keep it very nice. i will go with barn doors on the rear and a 36" side door. and a fold out s/s table on the side under the awning. i will just load the generator in the trailer when we need it.
so shoot some more ideas at me and lets see what else i need to add. mike

·
Registered
728 Posts
Mike,

I dont know if you watch American Chopper, but have you seen their trailer? Tri-Axle 70ft. Its a big mo-fo...why not do something like this with a 36 ft or 40 ft and that way you could still have lot of room for the famdamily and still keep room for the kids, i mean rigs.\

Mike

·
Registered
287 Posts
That would be the set up. Incorporate a tool storage/box area and some cabinets and youre good to go. Big ole water tank would be nice for when youre in those primitive camp grounds. Get it put together and post some pics. Eventually you could work your way into a Semi/trailer combo and make me a deal on the 28' gooseneck I couldnt refuse, hahahaha

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
a semi with a 52' trailer looks to be the best money spent right now. hell i can pick up a good semi with a trailer for under 15k all the time. i just wish i wasn't a puss and just do it. but i don't want to fawk with getting a cdl.

·
Registered
4,104 Posts
make a telescoping stripper pole that pops up out of the top of the trailer. this would be great entertainment at night.

·
Premium Member
2,452 Posts
I don't know about you but i know my jeep gets really dirty which gets my trailer dirty. Why not get a longer trailer and build an enclosed sleeping area so you don't have the mess/ smells associted with rigs, you could always put some cots in the rig area if you need to but more sleeping room. Something like a 30-34' goose neck would probably be perfect.

BarrelRoll

·
Registered
2,366 Posts
gunracer1 said:
a semi with a 52' trailer looks to be the best money spent right now. hell i can pick up a good semi with a trailer for under 15k all the time. i just wish i wasn't a puss and just do it. but i don't want to fawk with getting a cdl.
Stretch the frame on the tractor, stretch the sleeper, and put a shitter and shower in it. Register it as an RV.

Pete

·
Registered
6,382 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
pcorssmit said:

Stretch the frame on the tractor, stretch the sleeper, and put a shitter and shower in it. Register it as an RV.

Pete
i have tought real serious about this idea, but i don't want that much work. i can build the trailer frame in a day or two and 2 days to skin it. so in a week or so and 1500 to 2k i can have my new rig hauler ready.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts