Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Vendor
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Parts Parts Parts!
At Motobilt we are trying to get as many new part numbers added to our lineup as possible. Whether it is parts that our supporters have asked for or new parts that we are trying to complete, having the proper tooling makes our job much more efficient. As most of you know simply buying a specific tool to make each part isn't always an option. For a while now we have had requests for comp-corners, sure we could simply draw, cut, pop a few holes for mounting and lighting then a few crude bends for sloppy fitment at the end of the process you would have a corner. That said, would they be slick form fitting corners or would it just be another corner? Is this what *you would be happy with?

The Amada Laser and Press brake have really opened up the doors for us to design and supply the parts that our customers have been asking for in away that helps set our products apart from what is already available. Bump bending and forming of corners is the way we have chosen to go. Producing corners this way really allows us to build them with a glove like fit to follow the body lines of the Jeep. But buying the tooling for the press brake to make each corner isn't really an option. However we can now make the tooling with the new equipment.

So stay tuned, as we will soon have available new Motobilt Bump Bent Comp-Corners. We really think you are going to like the end result.

Thanks again for you time! As always please feel free to contact us with any questions or suggestions!

Attachments

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
Parts Parts Parts!
At Motobilt we are trying to get as many new part numbers added to our lineup as possible. Whether it is parts that our supporters have asked for or new parts that we are trying to complete, having the proper tooling makes our job much more efficient. As most of you know simply buying a specific tool to make each part isn't always an option. For a while now we have had requests for comp-corners, sure we could simply draw, cut, pop a few holes for mounting and lighting then a few crude bends for sloppy fitment at the end of the process you would have a corner. That said, would they be slick form fitting corners or would it just be another corner? Is this what *you would be happy with?

The Amada Laser and Press brake have really opened up the doors for us to design and supply the parts that our customers have been asking for in away that helps set our products apart from what is already available. Bump bending and forming of corners is the way we have chosen to go. Producing corners this way really allows us to build them with a glove like fit to follow the body lines of the Jeep. But buying the tooling for the press brake to make each corner isn't really an option. However we can now make the tooling with the new equipment.

So stay tuned, as we will soon have available new Motobilt Bump Bent Comp-Corners. We really think you are going to like the end result.

Thanks again for you time! As always please feel free to contact us with any questions or suggestions!

Can you do these for an FJ40?

·
Vendor
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Can you do these for an FJ40?
I'm sure we could but I would need to talk to Dan about the likely hood of doing them. Would it be just for one set or would you want several?
Thanks,
Bobby

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
I'm sure we could but I would need to talk to Dan about the likely hood of doing them. Would it be just for one set or would you want several?
Thanks,
Bobby
Bobby,

Honestly, I m just thinking about me right now, but I know there is a need out there. There is currently only one company making them (they do a good job, but competition brings the price down). There are about 50 companies making this for the JK, but only one for an FJ hahahahahah

Thanks
Dima

·
Vendor
5,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bobby,

Honestly, I m just thinking about me right now, but I know there is a need out there. There is currently only one company making them (they do a good job, but competition brings the price down). There are about 50 companies making this for the JK, but only one for an FJ hahahahahah

Thanks
Dima
It'll probably be a while before we could do a set.
Thanks,
Bobby

1 - 5 of 5 Posts