Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 133 Posts

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The 3rd bruiser in a small group of us in Florida got started recently. Project started as a Bruiser 5 with 60s and 46's. The 54s came out and one of the other Bruisers was already doing 60s and 46s...so he had to upgrade.
We just got it sitting on its axles last week, the 8 lug hubs just showed up today (not on yet), the wheels (20x14 TR) are due next week. So progress is being made. Waiting on parts has been the real hold up. The motor and tranny also got put in last week. Here are some pics.

Front

Front left

Rear

His 54s next to my itty bitty 42s

The almost done Bruiser (60's, 46's)

·
Registered
159 Posts
Looks :smokin:
Where in bradenton are you?
I'm over off 29 ave E, not far from Mad marks, I'll be at the shop today workin on the heep after work.

·
Registered
1,712 Posts
Nice rig Flatfender! Ahhhh, Pritchet canyon. We were the group right behind you. Right after you went up and the 4 runner broke following you. Bit of a traffic jam so we turned around.
Saw you around town with some mudflaps on the back in a rack hooked to the reciever?? Just curious. Is that to be legal or??

That was my first trip to Moab and we had a blast. Upper Helldorado was my favorite!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Saw you around town with some mudflaps on the back in a rack hooked to the reciever?? Just curious. Is that to be legal or??

That was my first trip to Moab and we had a blast. Upper Helldorado was my favorite!
Yes, to be legal (at least more legal). I ran into problems last year.

I had serveral cops give me a second look this year but when they saw the flaps they kept on going:)

·
Registered
612 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Lots has been done with lots left to go! I will be going by there tomorrow to turn wrenches, I will snap some pics!
Its now a roller with motor, tranny, t-case in, dash and center console frame done, a/c box mounted, flooring is getting done, battery boxes are in, winch is on, hood, cowl, and Bruiser corners are on, tranny and steering coolers and fans are mounted, and front steering is on.

1 - 20 of 133 Posts