Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
OK, I've had these axles for about 8 years and they've been great to me, but I'm finally ready to join the Dana 60 bandwagon.

These axles have taken me EVERYWHERE I've wanted to go around Moab, Pritchett, Behind the Rocks, Upper Helldorado, Green Day, Minor Threat, Coyote Canyon, etc. I've only really broken 1 u-joint which took out the shaft ears, otherwise no problems. It has even held up to front end burns from my 360!

Here's the specs:

Front - Waggy 44, chrome alloy shafts w/Spicer joints, 4.56 gears, Lock-Rite, hi-steer w/DOM tubing and heim joints for drag link, tie rod and track bar, set up for hydro assist w/skid plate for hydro ram, Warm premium hubs, Clayton Offroad heavy duty diff cover, 61" WMS, 5 on 5.5".

In the last year, the following are new: chrome alloy shafts, inner & outer both sides, u-joints, all 4 wheel bearings, passenger side ball joints, both hubs, diff cover, hydro ram and skid plate, pass. side hi steer arm w/reinforcing brace.

Rear - TJ 44, Moser shafts, Detroit, 4.56s, 60" WMS, 5 on 5.5", drum brakes.

Both of these axles were originally built by Charlie Copsey, and the front came out of his yellow CJ when he got his Tera 60s back in '99 or so.

I've seen Rubicon 44s on Ebay for $2000 each, and mine are way more built than a Rubi with their 30 outers! I'm asking $3000 for the set, or I'll split them up $2500 for the front and $1000 for the rear, The front will also fit an XJ/MJ/ZJ.

These will bolt on to an TJ! The only difference is, I have a Dana 300, so the front is pass. drop. Also Charlie built the front end's upper control arm brackets to match the rear's, so they are the pocket style instead of the post style (I think he did this so he only needed 1 spare UCA, and maybe for some strength reasons). So you might need a couple new control arms.

The only issue I know of with these axles is the driver side axle seal seems to be leaking a little, I have the new seal, just haven't put it in. Also the driver side ball joints will need attention at some point, I haven't gotten to that side yet.

This would be a perfect setup for a TJ who wants great strength, maintaining there track width, and wants to run a Dana 300 or Atlas II.

I can provide detailed pics on request.

Browse HERE, or HERE to see where these axles have taken me.

Located in Moab.

David
[email protected]

·
Registered
590 Posts
if your interested in parting out, i would take all the shafts in the front and the locker in the rear TJ 44.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Pics. Dirty, but better than nothing.

Full album

Front axle

Hydro ram and skid plate

Heim joints on drag link and tie rod

Hi steer arm

LCA bracket

UCA bracket

Premium Warn hub

Rear axle

Passenger side

Driver side

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
These axles are ready to be picked up.

Rear axle has no brackets on it now so it'd be real easy to set up leafs springs on it so it can go under an XJ, CJ, YJ, Suzuki, Scout, Toyota, etc.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts