Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had a hard time keeping spicer u-joints to hold up under the stress of my 38's...so it's time to make a change. If anybody has had luck with any of the following joints feel free to post....

SPECS
SII 44
ARB/open front
4.88's and 85 to 1 ratio
38/14.50 TSL SX
304 PIG
Scout 800

I'm thinking these are in my $ range
1. Bobby longs
2. yukons

Unless any of you know of something that works better under the weight of the scout????

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
The Rockslut said:
Uh, a dana 60 or alloy shafts and CTM's for your 44. It still fairly new on this board, you may be the first to do it!
Fuk, I even had to throw chinkmo stuff in my 60 because I exploaded an inner on Fordyce last year. That was only my second run on the 60. I was flogging it nicely though.

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So far just cryro'd shafts have worked for me but the joints are the weak link :smokin:

·
Registered
2,400 Posts
BLK Scout 800 said:
So far just cryro'd shafts have worked for me but the joints are the weak link :smokin:
Are they taking out the ears on your shafts?

You probably aren't breaking shafts because you have that fuse.

·
Premium Member
5,013 Posts
Are you blowing the caps out, or shearing the cross?

Try welding the joints in... good for a little more (cheap) life.

Bobby's are nice joints, but then so are the Yukons (designed by Carl Janz). More maintence either way though.

Or you could just face facts that 38's and D44 aren't the best combo, expecialy with a heavy rig.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Are you running 760s at least or are you buying the old 297 stock? 760s are substantially better in my experience and really can't be beat for the money.

If you've got aftermarket shafts already and are blowing 760s I'd just go straight to OX joints....

·
Registered
2,328 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I'm breaking the 5-760x...I have only taken the ears off once other than that it has been all cap...They seem to :nuke:....as opposed to pressing out

I think Ill try bobby and see how his hold :smokin: Thanks guys..

·
Registered
5,101 Posts
I'm tearing ears off stock axles with various brand 260x knock-offs.. Brute-Force comes to mind.. lifetime warranty from the parts store, though not after I weld the caps to the axle..

1 - 10 of 10 Posts