Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
45 rattlesnakes? NO THANKS.

Burn the house down. Build new house with concrete foundation. :flipoff2:

I know where this is and i know there is a bunch of snakes up there. its about 50-60 miles from where they have the annual Rattlesnake Roundup in Sweetwater.

and still, i think i would rather contend with 45 regular diamondbacks under my house than 1 of those bastard Mojave Rattlesnakes moving into that west Texas area. :(

https://www.foxnews.com/us/video-shows-dozens-of-rattlesnakes-lurking-underneath-texas-home

A Texas resident who crawled under his home after his cable television service started acting up discovered an infestation of rattlesnakes lurking there, an animal removal business says.

Big Country Snake Removal, in a Facebook video showing its employees removing the slithery creatures one by one, reported finding around 45 snakes at the Albany home last week at the property.

“Rattlesnakes don’t care how nice your house is or what kind car you drive -- they care simply about survival,” the post said.

The company says there were high winds in the area and the homeowner discovered the snakes after looking underneath his home.

Scenes at the end of the video show buckets of snakes rattling their tails.

Officials told the Associated Press that around one to two people die each year in Texas from venomous snake bites.

15,447 Posts

I know where this is and i know there is a bunch of snakes up there. its about 50-60 miles from where they have the annual Rattlesnake Roundup in Sweetwater.

and still, i think i would rather contend with 45 regular diamondbacks under my house than 1 of those bastard Mojave Rattlesnakes moving into that west Texas area. :(

https://www.foxnews.com/us/video-shows-dozens-of-rattlesnakes-lurking-underneath-texas-home
Hatband time

·
Change is good.
35,188 Posts

Need you some King Sneks, they eat Rattlers. We've got one on our property and we named him Elvis, and I hope he's also eating gophers and such.

·
Wut?
14,914 Posts
Why call out the pest patrol?

Grab a bottle of CO2 from the gas supply shop. Rig up a hose, toss it down in there, turn on the valve...problem solved in about 3 minutes flat. Pull them out, skin them...good eating and tan the skins for sale to the leather shop.

·
Surgical Shotgunner
15,752 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Why call out the pest patrol?

Grab a bottle of CO2 from the gas supply shop. Rig up a hose, toss it down in there, turn on the valve...problem solved in about 3 minutes flat. Pull them out, skin them...good eating and tan the skins for sale to the leather shop.
Dead rattlesnakes still strike and and inject venom

And they're probably worth more alive

·
Premium Member
13,298 Posts
All that would be in the deep freezer. Breaded/fried like deer steak it's just as good as deer steak.

Dove hunt landowner in West Texas looked at us like we was crazy with half the cooler full of snakes to take back home. "We aint got these back east" :laughing:

·
Premium Member
815 Posts
All that would be in the deep freezer. Breaded/fried like deer steak it's just as good as deer steak.

Dove hunt landowner in West Texas looked at us like we was crazy with half the cooler full of snakes to take back home. "We aint got these back east" :laughing:

That’s some real east Texas stuff. :laughing:

It’s a long story, but I’ve tried water moccasin before.

As for the snakes under the house. Either hire Samuel L. Jackson and film a real shitty sequel, or kill them with fire.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
14,256 Posts

I've always skinned them and just tossed them in the pan with some butter and garlic.

·
Baconologyst
9,972 Posts
I've always skinned them and just tossed them in the pan with some butter and garlic.
We would do that when I was stationed at Fort Carson. Then we’d add a little rattler meat to our Top Ramen in the field :homer:

“We” were the guys who grew up spending a lot of time outdoors, most of the city dwellers were too freaked out to even try it :laughing:

·
Premium Member
1,302 Posts
I wonder how much the animal removal service was?

I would think a pellet gun would go a long way... or I do have a 330 cuft tank of Argon for my tig welder @guidolyons always gives me shit about.

Never had rattle snake but I would be willing to try it.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts