Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK I've had alot of people reply to my messages and I appreciate that, well, heres another, I had the cooling temp overshoot going on, no air in the system, I drilled a hole in the T stat, just replaced HG, and all that fun, my truck never overheated, but it's STILL burning antifreeze, I never had the head checked after the HG blew, figuring since it only had 80k on it should be fine and it never got hot. Is the head bad? I'm lost on this deal, I'm going to be fixing my 4 runner tomorrow, so I can take apart the truck,is there anything I need to look at on this? When i had the head off, there were no visible cracks where the heads normally crack, maybe something else HELP!

·
Wicked Raciest !
17,734 Posts
I never had the head checked after the HG blew, figuring since it only had 80k on it should be fine and it never got hot.
That was a mistake on your part, I would have at least checked the head and deck with a straightedge. When building you never assume anything!!!!!

·
Registered
113 Posts
OOP'S said:
That was a mistake on your part, I would have at least checked the head and deck with a straightedge. When building you never assume anything!!!!!
Ditto. An overheated 22R/E/T head will very commonly warp. Mileage doesn't matter, only the heat. It could happen to a brand new head.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts