Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'M GOING TO BE NEEDING ALOT OF PART NUMBERS HERE IN THE NEXT WEEK OR SO. WHAT I'M LOOKING FOR ARE PARTS NUMBERS FOR:
REAR AXLE SEALS
REAR AXLE BEARINGS

ALL PARTS NEEDED FOR A KNUCKLE REBUILD. SEALS, BEARINGS, START WASHERS, ECT. HOPEFULLY FOR MINI TRUCK KNUCKLES. I DONT KNOW HOW MUCH STUFF IS INTERCHANGABLE BETWEEN LC AND MINI KNUCKLES, BUT I WOULD ASSUME ITS PRETTY MUCH EVERYTHING.

ALSO PART NUMBERS FOR ANYTHING I AM FORGETTING THAT I WILL NEED FOR TRAIL SPARES...

I'M ABOUT TO TEAR DOWN MY FRONT AXLE, CUT AND TURN AND PUT BACK TOGETHER WITH MINI KNUCKLES. I WANT TO REPLACE SEALS AND GASKETS WHILE I DO IT, AND GET SOME SPARES TO CARRY ON THE TRAIL. BELIVE WHEN I SAY, WITHOUT PART NUMBERS, THE LOCAL GUYS will screw it up if they can. LOOKING FOR PART NUMBER FOR THE CHEAPEST STUFF I CAN FIND AS I'M QUICKLY GOING BROKE... :(

IN ADVANCE, THANKS ALOT, I KNOW ITS PROBOLY A PAIN IN THE ASS TO LOOK THESE UP IN YOUR NOTEBOOKS, BUT I REALLY APRECIATE IT. KURT, PROFFITT, YOU GUSY MUST HAVE THESE AROUND...

MATT

·
Registered
3,620 Posts
Get a knuckle rebuild kit for 99.00. Has all of the seals, bearings you need.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
WHERE FROM? I DONT KNOW ANY OF THE COMPANIES THAT SPECIALIZE IN MINI STUFF... I STILL NEED PART NUMBERS FOR SEALS FOR BIRF CHANGINE KITS

·
Registered
479 Posts
I don't bother saving the #'s for stock stuff...

My boys at NAPA or Car Quest or Bergtrom Toyota have all the info I need. Just a phone call away and they even deliver.

Get known at the REAL parts houses and you will get all the help you need.

Cory

·
Registered
916 Posts
I have one if you want to buy it from me
it has everything you need
bearings
inner seals
outer seals
bronze bushings
rubber wipers
shims
felt wipers
it is the complete kit

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
YEH, THERE IS ONE GUY AT NAPA THAT KNOWS HIS SHIT. HE'S BAD. PROBLEM IS I'M TRYING TO SO THIS ON THE CHEAP. I HAVE A COUPLE HUNDRED DOLLARS LEFT TO FINISH THIS, AND I NO LONGER HAVE AN EMPLOYER. I STILL NEED TO COVER:

A NEW BRAKE MC [POSSIBLY]
ALL BRAKE LINES AND FITTINGS
ALL HYDRAULIC LINES
ALL STEERING JOINTS
PLUG WIRES, WATER PUMP, ALTERNATOR, ECT
NEW EXAUST
FRONT AXLE REBUILD
DRIVESHAFT LENGTHENING
NEW UJOINTS, SMALL THINGS LIKE THAT
NEW HEADLIGHTS

AND A FEW MORE THINGS THAT I'M FORGETTING. I'M TRUELY ON THE VERGE OF GOING BROKE, AND IT needs TO BE GOING THIS SPRING. I'VE BEEN WAITING FOR THIS TO COME TOGETHER AFTER 2 YEARS AND COUNTLESS HUNDREDS OF HOURS WORKING ON HER, AND IF SHE DOESNT RUN THIS SUMMER, SHE WILL SIT AND ROT UNTIL I COME HOME NEXT SUMMER, AND THAT CANNOT HAPPEN. I must HAVE HER GOING THIS SUMMER. SO THE HIGH COST OF NAPA STUFF HURTS :(

I TALKED TO JERIMIAH ON THE PHONE AND HE SAID HE HAS MOST OF THESE PART NUMBERS. YOU GUYS MUST HAVE THEM, HELP ME OUT?

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
HAHA NO, YOU HADNT POSTED THAT WHEN I WAS BUSY THINKING OF ALL THE THINGS I HAVE TO FINISH AND GETTING DEPRESSED. IF IT FITS MINI KNUCKLES I'LL TAKE IT. SHOOT YOU A PM RIGHT AFTER I POST THIS.

IT WOULD STILL BE GOOD TO HAVE SOME OF THOSE PART NUMBERS FOR SEALS THAT NEED TO BE REPLACED DOING BIRF SWAPS ECT THOUGH

·
Registered
173 Posts
here's some info from woody's site:

http://www.birfield.com/~morgan/tech/axle/index.html

ended up with the MAF kit for $150, after trying to get all the stuff locally. NAPA wanted $60 for the inner wheel bearings and another $60 for the outers. toyota (only source i could find for the knuckle bearings) were $37 EACH. the kit has all the seals, shims bearings and stuff for the overhaul in one kit. should be here this week. if you just want the seals, i bought the birfield seal kit (wheel bearing seals and birfield seals, lock tab etc) which i don't need. PM me if you want em. I think it was around $25??

·
Registered
201 Posts
Heart of texas offroad has knuckle rebuild kits(1975-1990) for $78. Koyo bearings.

It has a pic of all the pieces you get.

Heart of Texas

Nick

·
Registered
524 Posts
Man, you better start selling yourself, because your not gonna make it on a couple hundred. :eek:

What are you going to be running for driveshafts? Might be able to help you out with a couple new u-joints cheap.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
VALENTINE- THANKS, SMITTY HAS ME COVERED BUT I'LL CHECK THEM OUT.

CRUISER NERD- I DONT KNOW YET, MAYBE A STOCK SHAFT IN THE REAR AND A SQUARE TUBE IN THE FRONT FOR AWHILE. I'D LIKE TO GET SOME NEW CUSTOM ONES MADE, BUT MY BEST BET FOR THAT IS WINNING A FREE ONE. I'LL GET IN TOUCH WITH YOU WHEN I KNOW WHATS GOING TO HAPPEN.

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
rear wheel bearing and seals. Try to find the CR(Chicago Rawhide) brand, they are Koyo bearings once you open the box, I think I got them for $17 each vrs the dealer $60.....same bearing. Try to find a local bearing supply or brake and clutch shop that will be the cheapest localy.

Sorry don't have the part number handy.

·
Registered
575 Posts
Napa can special order the kingpin bearings for $19ea.
Part # BR30303
But by the time ya buy 4 of those, you could buy the whole kit...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts