Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
667 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I got the chance to use some 25 round Butler Creek mags for my 10/22 and was totally disappointed. Those sums of bitches jammed every time trying to feed. The magazine has enough wiggle room to rock forward and backwards (pivoting in the magazine well). When it is rocked forward the next round jams underneath where it should seat. I sure as hell can't baby sit the thing to stay in place!

These are from Cabela's so I am hoping to return them.

Better magazines out there or I am stuck with only 10 rounds?

·
Registered
26,689 Posts
Tactical innovations(google it) makes an expensive uber mag for the 10/22 that you can adjust to the specific firearm and run over with a truck.

·
Registered
5,013 Posts
It can help to break them in first. Load them full the night before then run like 3 or 4 5-10 round groups through them.

One can't expect much for $13 (price when on sale at our local BiMart) when they're just plastic. You could buy an adapter that allows you to stack 2 factory mag's.

The ones RedHorse mentioned are the best high cap's and they're around $35 at Brownells.

·
Registered
8,018 Posts
I bought two and was not happy with how they preformed, jammed constantly. I went shooting with another buddy who had 8-10 of the same mags and they all functioned great. He told me, to break them in as stated above and then judge them. I loaded them up and let them sit over night and now they work quite well, so well I went and bought 2 more last time Bi-Mart had them on sale. All 4 function great, not 100% perfect all the time, but for plinking I don't need 100% perfection.

·
Premium Member
14,731 Posts
I've got 5 or 6 of them and haven't had any problems.
ME too.

The ones you guys have issues with do they have plastic on the end or metal? I have had both and no issues ever... mine are all the older ones though... maybe the new ones suck ?

·
Registered
1,639 Posts
Yup, the break-in is key to better functioning. I buy a couple everytime they go on sale. I also bought a bunch of the Eagle mags when CDNN had them for $6.99 each. They work great too, after breaking them in. I just recieved a new CDNN catalog and the Eagle mags are on sale again for $6.99 if you buy 10+. They can be had in see-through smoke or orange color.

·
Registered
1,538 Posts
The butler creek mags are the only non-ruger mags I have purchased that didnt end up as targets themselves. I agree that the break in is key

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.