Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Well..............GFdamn it.....I was coming home from work today and hear this thunka thunka thunka going down the road...damn what now???...I raise the rear and have my son go through the gears and listen to the rearend...fricking pumpkin is like there is someone inside with a hammer...I think...crap I just busted my detroit just driving home...we pull it and WTF...I have 2 teeth on my ring gear broken off!!.........SO I am not able to go this sunday...I am glad I never sold my v6 rear so we put that in and just finished up....now off the north valley 4wd to see if they are going to warantee my gears...
I could still go but I would be slipping pretty bad....Thats if there is any snow left after this weeks sun...:(

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
suppose to be snowing up there today and tonight 5spd.

blucr4uz when were you last up there? we were up there last sunday was still lots of snow:D

·
Registered
421 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well if anyone is up for it we are meeting at the 7-11 at hwy 32 and forest ave in chico at 9:00am sunday morning

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
JIm, speaking form experience on trying to warranty gears. Unless you can find some other way to hint a potential failure (bent spool for example :D ) They will most likely say that the gears were either A: setup incorrectly or B: say they were improperly broken in. I got the second answer a couple times, and it's your word against their lie.

BTW the seller of the gears don't warranty them, they have to go back to the manufacturer for their "analysis"

·
Registered
4,320 Posts
Yea I took the 3rd back to nv4wd and kevin said they only warrantee for 6mos! now he tells me.. Thats stupid and yea he asked if I broke em in right...yup as he told me...only in town driving for 2 months before I went anyplace...but still all the times I changed my gear oil it was heavy with metalic particles...like metalflake paint, so something was not right from the getgo, it even looked to me like to much heel contact...but I dont think I will be taken care of and that sucks...so I will wait until he finds out from his gearman then go from there...one tooth broke off so deep that I can see a hole in the ring...looks fricken hollow...I thought they were solid. :(

·
Registered
594 Posts
THE CHAD said:
suppose to be snowing up there today and tonight 5spd.

blucr4uz when were you last up there? we were up there last sunday was still lots of snow:D
There's snow but it's real soft and slushy-not getting cold enough at night to put a freeze on the top. I have not been on the butte meadows side at all this year so maybe it's better over there but I know there's only 2-3 feet at philbrook right now. And it ain't snowing yet tonight.

·
Registered
27,625 Posts
hmmm, did you leave the third with him? I can check the pattern if you want. It should still be representative of how it was set. I guess if his gear guy says it was set up wrong, hopefully he will pass that onto you with a new set of gears.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts