Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am a truck driver, so if you have any questions feel free to call me anytime from 7am-10 pm CST @ (262)374-0944 ask for Dave. Truck is located in Elkhorn WI 53121.... Del is a possability thru a trucking company I used to work for. I have more pics but too big to post and I don't know how to resize, I will email them to you just ask.

SPECS:
Front axle: Stock '82 housing, Bobby Long's 30 spline cro-mo's, HP third w/ factory 4:10'sYukon spool w/ new bearings, Marlin Crawler crossover steering w/ hydro-assist, 1.5" marlin crawler wheel spacers.

Front shaft: .180 wall made from a driveshaft place here in town. 1310 on 1 end/toy u-joint on the other.

Engine: Stock 350 4 bolt main, 4bbl quadrajet.

Trans: Stock th-3504x4.........Leaks fluid from either the front seal or pan, haven't checked it out yet. It will hold fluid for a weekend just fine but will leak out after sitting still for 4+ days. Does not slip when full....

T-cases: dual toy t-cases 2.28:1/2.28:1 Marlin crawler mc07 adapter.

Rear driveshaft: Custom from Tom woods .180 wall, cv, 1310's.

Rear axle: Ifs rear from a '88. 4cyl 3rd w/ factory 4:10's welded. Monty calipers w/ chevy rotors provides better stopping power, 1.5" Marlin Crawler wheel spacers to provide a little extra width.

Front suspension: 44044's not quite settled yet.

Rear suspension: 63" chevys w/ buggy leaf.

Tires & rims: Custom beadlocks from rock4xfabrication.com 32 bolt. 6 on 5.5 about 2.75" bs. 38" TSL w/ some rash and a few cuts in the front from not trimming front corner of cab. Overall i'd say 80%++.

Bumpers/sliders/and frame for the flatbed is made from .250 wall tubing. Rest of flatbed is made if 1.75 .120 tubing. Roll cage is made of .120 HREW. During building the cage, sections of the cage was internally sleeved bend to bend w/ 1.50 HREW for added strength. 3 tow points made from 1" solid steel. All were recessed into the bumper and welded on the front and rear for strength.

Winches: 10k on front / 8k on rear. Cheapo brand equivelant to Harbor Freight but no problems yet. I only used the front about 10 times and the rear once. Both have controllers and work fine.

Aluminum radiator (100%) and 2 speed taurus fan, hooked up on low. This truck has a 160* thermostat and *might*get up to 195-200 if you're into the throttle a lot. It never overheated.

Truck is equipped w/ a approx 10 gallon fuel cell, fire ext and 1st aid kit.

The bad: Not street legal......unless you hook up the taillight, turn signal. Everything electrical is run by switches and a push button starter. Trans leaks when sitting still for 4+ days. Remote fuse panel in the glove box. Other than that.........it's a nicly equipped rig considering it was built about 3 yrs ago and I *MIGHT* have 100 miles on it since I built it. CALL ME W/ ????????????'S

Attachments

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Bump........

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
talk about a steal.
Yep.......i've been trying to sell it for quite a while now. I've even lowered the price by 25%..........sucks to live in the midwest.:D

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
PM'd you, Is next weekend good to come and check it out?

I think i'll be leaving out on thursday am. I'm rarely home weekends. Where are you?

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·

·
Registered
2,505 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
TTT:grinpimp:

·
Registered
2,505 Posts