Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have had enough with Zack Lee and Zuki Engines. I have been a member of Pirate for years, I have been reading through the forums for even longer. I do not usually post things. I usually sit back and find what I am looking for. So first off thanks to everyone for their input and time putting together threads and all the FAQ's.

I purchased a great Sammy from a fellow forum member a while back and have really enjoyed it. The 300K mile motor finally gave out and I was wanting to upgrade a few things on it. After doing a bunch of research I found Zuki Engines on the forums back in January and finally contacted them in February for a Motor. Zack was super friendly and easy going. He was easy to get a hold of and answered all my questions in a timely manner. We emailed back and forth for a while figuring out what combination to go with.

When it was time to place the order the quotes were all drawn up, time frames laid out (I needed a motor for EJS) and the ball started rolling. As soon as the deposit was paid Zack disappeared.

My deadline was approaching so I called daily for 2 weeks both phone numbers leaving voicemails until the account was full (which remained full for over a month). I sent multiple emails with out a single response. I watched as my deadline fast approached without word from Zack. I watched as my deadline passed and over a week after my deadline I received the following email:

"Hello:

We will talk first thing tomorrow morning. I will be working a full schedule this week.

I can't begin to express my apologies for the absence. Things have been too much the last weeks. I was called away for a short trip that was extended and unfortunate to say I was unable to just leave. The recent voting in Afghanistan was a high security measure and the company I work for was not exactly honest with me concerning time away. The good news is everything went as smooth as possible and we were part of keeping everything safe for the locals to exercise their new found democratic process.

I will call the number you text me on when I get in; probably around 0900 PST

Zack LEE"

I was never notified that my motor would not make it in time.
He did not have the forethought to call me/email me/text me that he was leaving town. He mentioned multiple times that he had other engines he was building on around mine, but I have not seen if anyone else is missing an engine.

I have called him and texted him and emailed him countless times. I did received another email from him stating he would call me first thing in the morning, which he never did.

I have given him the opportunity to fix this on his terms multiple times. I have switched and offered my terms to fix this situation. I am on my last straw and only want my money back. I think people need to know the truth about his business practices. It has been almost 6 months, and I still have no motor and no response from Zack.

As of now I am not asking Pirate for help. I needed to get this word out. I will keep this updated as I hear from Zack. I will be spreading the word on a few of the forums I frequent as well as some new ones.

Please help spread the word. I just want my money back.

Alan

·
Registered
146 Posts
Sad to see he still hasnt turned things around. Great guy in person. Has had some struggles of late but was hoping he'd turned the corner on that. He definitely needs to get a partner or some extra hands in there....

·
Premium Member
180 Posts
Sad to see he still hasnt turned things around. Great guy in person. Has had some struggles of late but was hoping he'd turned the corner on that. He definitely needs to get a partner or some extra hands in there....
I have read all of the threads pertaining to him. Problems or not. He's a strait up douche. I guarantee you he has no intentions of following through. It seems like excuses after excuses and people still think that he will build me a motor and send money to him. He took deposits from x amount of people and that money is long gone. Call your cc company and file a complaint and get your money back. Getting a partner or extra hands isn't going to fix anything when he is mia. Hell, he doesn't answer calls,emails, or texts for months on end. Who ever he owes motors to or deposits back, i highly doubt you will ever see it. My .02

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have read all of the threads pertaining to him. Problems or not. He's a strait up douche. I guarantee you he has no intentions of following through. It seems like excuses after excuses and people still think that he will build me a motor and send money to him. He took deposits from x amount of people and that money is long gone. Call your cc company and file a complaint and get your money back. Getting a partner or extra hands isn't going to fix anything when he is mia. Hell, he doesn't answer calls,emails, or texts for months on end. Who ever he owes motors to or deposits back, i highly doubt you will ever see it. My .02
Yeah I do not think that getting help in the shop is going to fix his situation. You can't go off spending other people's money hoping the next job will pay for the previous job. It is just bad business. He was so easy to get a hold of and would email response within a few hours and return phone calls on time.... Until I paid him.

Thanks for the follow up. Sucks to know I am not the only one in this mess. Both those guys got suckered in at the same time I did it looks like. Thanks for sharing the threads to keep the word going.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Regarding Zack Lee ZukiEngines Lee Built LLC

The documents have been turned over to the Internet Crime division of the FBI. Anyone wanting to contact them and add the complaint against the acts committed by Zack Lee, to the list see the information below. I have all ready submitted all names provided so far and have been instructed to maintain and continue to collect all evidence.

Thank you for filing a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

This is the only reply you will receive from the IC3. Because we receive thousands of complaints per week, we cannot reply to every complaint received or to every request for updates.

However, once we forward your complaint to investigators in the field, they may contact you for further information. Consequently, it is important that you maintain any evidence you have relating to your complaint. Evidence can include canceled checks, credit card receipts, phone bills, mailing envelopes, mail receipts, printed copies of websites, copies of emails, or similar items.

If you wish to view, download, or add information to your complaint, go to http://complaint.ic3.gov/update and log in with the following:
Complaint Id: I1411102342283151
Password: please contact me for pass word to this complaint. I am only giving it to people who prove they have been ripped off by Zack Lee.

To learn more about Internet schemes and ways to protect yourself visit Looks Too Good To Be True.

MY from zuksoffroad.com

1 - 7 of 7 Posts