Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well about 8 months ago I bought a Warn skid for my YJ. I bought it from swissmountain4x4.com. But I still have not received it! Now you may be asking why I haven’t done anything about it. Well I have tried…

After about a month I called and they said it was backordered from Warn. I kept calling off and on for the next couple months and I kept getting the same response. So what did I do? I emailed the Warn sales department and asked them myself. And my suspicions were correct. The response was that these Skid plates were not backordered and that they were currently shipping product! This is where it gets even more interesting…

So I emailed swissmountain4x4 to find out what the deal was. No response! So I called them and asked where my skid was. They said that they would have it shipped the next day! So I was once again happy. Well a couple weeks went by and yup, no skid. So I called again. They said the same thing and assured me that one would get shipped in the next few days. Well I didn’t get that one either…

After that they stopped returning my calls and my emails… So a few weeks ago I sent them an email telling them that if I was not contacted by them in the next few days that I would report them to the BBB and file a legal claim against them. Well a few weeks went by and I didn’t get around to doing that. So last week I called them like I do a few times every week and they actually answered the phone. And guess what they did, they hung up on me as soon as I told then my invoice number! So this weekend I emailed them again and told them the same thing and that I would also start posting my disgust with their company on jeep and 4x4 web forums. Well almost a week went by and no response from them. So that is what I am doing. I am going to give them one last phone call tomorrow because I really don’t want to have to go through all of this legal crap against them. But if I don’t get a response then Saturday will not be a good day for SwissMountain4x4. So if anyone knows someone at swissmountainx4x.com then please tell them to call me tomorrow or Saturday morning and save both of us a lot of trouble.

Sorry this was so long but I needed to tell someone.
And also, I wouldn’t recommend using this company. Even if they claim to have good prices, it’s not worth it if you never get the product!

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Sorry it took awhile to update this post. I posted it on a couple sites and sort of forgot about this one. for a couple days. anyway heres the scoop...

Thanks to a huge responce from the forms (many people pounding the company with emails) and also coming into contact with a guy that knows someone at SwissMountain, I did get an email from them (and a PM from swi) over the weekend. It said that it was shipped and then made some excuse about a Warn recall on the skid.:shaking: Just for kicks I think im going to email Warn about this EIGHT MONTH recall and find out what it was all about. Well anyways...

So I checked the tracking number at fedex.com and they say that it doesn't exist! Now I was told that it was shipped on friday and then I was told that it was shipped on saturday. But either way, if it was shipped then it should be in their system by today (monday)!

So lets now assume that it was shipped...
(swi: this is mostly a question for you)
Why didn't the company return my calls or emails for the last 3-4 months! How come when I was able to reach you twice over the phone, both times you said it would be shipped the NEXT DAY! And how does you finally shipping me the product make up for the EIGHT MONTHS that I had to wait for it!

Oh and did I mention that when they did email me this weekend, they sent it as a reply to the email that I sent them a week earlier (the one warning them that I was going to start posting my discust with with them and take legal action). So that means that they got my email and knew enough about it that when I started posting, they put 2 and 2 together and figured out that it was me! Which means that they chose to completely ignore my email! And I guess they tried to call my bluff, but they were wrong.

There SWI, You asked me to update this post when I got the tracking number, so here you go!

bspencer: BTW you wouldn't happen to work for SwissMountain too, would you? That last post sounded just like the POS email I got from them...

· Registered
6 Posts
AV8RsJEEP said:
Sorry it took awhile to update this post. I posted it on a couple sites and sort of forgot about this one. for a couple days. anyway heres the scoop...

Thanks to a huge responce from the forms (many people pounding the company with emails) and also coming into contact with a guy that knows someone at SwissMountain, I did get an email from them (and a PM from swi) over the weekend. It said that it was shipped and then made some excuse about a Warn recall on the skid.:shaking: Just for kicks I think im going to email Warn about this EIGHT MONTH recall and find out what it was all about. Well anyways...

So I checked the tracking number at fedex.com and they say that it doesn't exist! Now I was told that it was shipped on friday and then I was told that it was shipped on saturday. But either way, if it was shipped then it should be in their system by today (monday)!

So lets now assume that it was shipped...
(swi: this is mostly a question for you)
Why didn't the company return my calls or emails for the last 3-4 months! How come when I was able to reach you twice over the phone, both times you said it would be shipped the NEXT DAY! And how does you finally shipping me the product make up for the EIGHT MONTHS that I had to wait for it!

Oh and did I mention that when they did email me this weekend, they sent it as a reply to the email that I sent them a week earlier (the one warning them that I was going to start posting my discust with with them and take legal action). So that means that they got my email and knew enough about it that when I started posting, they put 2 and 2 together and figured out that it was me! Which means that they chose to completely ignore my email! And I guess they tried to call my bluff, but they were wrong.

There SWI, You asked me to update this post when I got the tracking number, so here you go!

bspencer: BTW you wouldn't happen to work for SwissMountain too, would you? That last post sounded just like the POS email I got from them...

The recall from Warn wasn't 8 months in duration. Product availability to fullfill backorders, current orders, and replacements were spuratic at best at times once they started release the newer design skid.

Also, keep in consideration that the company is run by one person that went from a full-time web only shop, to a full-time installation / retail space in the fall of 2005 (beginning in Sept.). Not banking on this as an excuse, just putting things into perspective here.

Keep in mind FedEx and other carriers maybe be still on a holiday schedule still today (the day after Christmas). Seeing that Christmas was a Sunday, many businesses are still closed today. The order was placed with the distributor (not direct with Warn) on Friday, 12/23/2005 @ 11:06am. The tracking number you are watching maybe not be in FedEx's system yet or may have not made the pickup deadline at the distributor Friday evening. This is something that is not in my control. Not banking on this as an excuse, but base it on a technicality due to the holiday schedule for both FedEx and the distributor handling the order.

If you're looking for a public apology for this mess. . .then I'm game. No sweat. I do apologize for this out-of-hand situation.

I'll continue to keep tabs on the tracking status of that skid as well and be available to assit on the order as needed.

· Registered
11 Posts
ive been following this post ans swiss customer service sucks ass
i wont be ordering from them ever:flipoff2:
BTW 4wd hardware and quadratec both match any price and shipping
so maybe next time you should stick with larger companies

· Registered
2 Posts
It's now the 28th. What is the deal? Is the tracking number working? Have you seen anything concrete that tells you that this company is doing the second best to get your parts to you.

BTW SWI after waiting eight months to get a mail order part an apology is just fawking lame. You will never get an order from me. I am sure, that after reading this post and the one at JA, I am not the only one pissed off at your "company".:shaking:

· Registered
1,489 Posts
I'm with Jeepturner. after all that time and crap you put him through, a full refund and the parts for free is the bare minimum you should be offering along with your lame ass apology. My roomate and I will never be ordering anything from you.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Well the tracking number is working. The estimated delivery date is today. But it hasn't show up yet, so I'm guessing tomorrow will be the day.
So in short... Yes, they have gotten me my part.

BTW: I might be out of town for the next few days for New Years so if I don't update this post for a few days, now you know why

· Registered
29 Posts
swi said:
If you're looking for a public apology for this mess. . .then I'm game. No sweat. I do apologize for this out-of-hand situation.
:flipoff2:
Nothing like refusing to accept any responsability for your shity buisness/customer relations actions.

SwissMountain will never see a dime from me.

· Registered
27,694 Posts
dcg9381 said:
If I was a company that sold any sort of 4x4 related parts, I would work very hard to avoid a bad reputation on this forum.... The business impact is pretty large.
too late:mad3:

1 - 20 of 32 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.