Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It seems like people are going into Walmart or Cabelas, and cleaning them out. Only to resell it on the local gun boards.

While I suppose this is simple capitalism, I have issues with it. I wouldn't do it myself. I sincerely hope they get stuck with a bunch of stuff they can't sell. :mad3:

Discuss. :evil:

·
Registered
287 Posts
Supply and demand. Wouldn't happen if people didn't panic buy. I just don't see the sense in it. I got offered 3k for my AR with 5 mags and EOTech, I should have sold it but honestly couldn't bear gouging someone, even if it was their idea.

Because of this people who like to shoot can't because the ammo isn't available.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
Over the last couple of weeks everyone around here including WM has put a limit on ammo sales

·
Registered
94 Posts
I've been trying to find .22LR since Christmas and have had no luck. I want to find the guy who's hoarding all the rimfire ammo in the Tampa area and kick him in the nuts. :mad3:

·
Registered
7,766 Posts
It seems like people are going into Walmart or Cabelas, and cleaning them out. Only to resell it on the local gun boards.

While I suppose this is simple capitalism, I have issues with it. I wouldn't do it myself. I sincerely hope they get stuck with a bunch of stuff they can't sell. :mad3:

Discuss. :evil:
If they can't move their stuff on to someone else at a huge profit, they'll stop. I'm at the point where I'm content to stand back, and wait for the smoke to clear before I start fretting ammunition. While I've had to slightly curtail how much I usually like to shoot, I have enough of my own that should carry me through for a while.

In the fullness of time, this too shall pass.

·
Registered
5,398 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
If they can't move their stuff on to someone else at a huge profit, they'll stop. I'm at the point where I'm content to stand back, and wait for the smoke to clear before I start fretting ammunition. While I've had to slightly curtail how much I usually like to shoot, I have enough of my own that should carry me through for a while.

In the fullness of time, this too shall pass.
I have enough for a bit, but I could use some more 22lr.

In the meantime, I'm shooting more 45acp since I cast and reload.

·
Registered
9,708 Posts
Because of this people who like to shoot can't because the ammo isn't available.
The ammo is available, just not at a "reasonable" price.

After the run on ammo in '08, I made sure to maintain an adequate supply of ammunition. It sucks for the father who just wants one box of Federal .22 bulk to take his kid plinking, but until supply catches up with demand, I don't see this increased consumption subsiding.

·
Registered
1,932 Posts
The ammo is available, just not at a "reasonable" price.

After the run on ammo in '08, I made sure to maintain an adequate supply of ammunition. It sucks for the father who just wants one box of Federal .22 bulk to take his kid plinking, but until supply catches up with demand, I don't see this increased consumption subsiding.
That's the worst part of it.

When I was a kid my dad kept about 10 rounds of 22 in the house. If I wanted to shoot my 22 he'd buy a box of 50, then when I was down to the last magazine (10 round) that was it. He would then complain about ammo cost and how much money I just went through. I didn't realize how cheap 22 rounds were yet. :laughing:

·
Super Moderator
'82 Scrambler, '14 Rzr
62,007 Posts
Locally, Academy Sports "releases" their ammo on M/W/F morning at 8am when the store opens. They have all standard calibers, but yes, some sells out quick even with the limit.

I went yesterday morning, they only got in 4 of the 555 boxes of .22lr, I was about 15th in line... yeah, I didn't get any of it :p

Most other stores have regular schedules, find out what it is and be there.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts