Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking about replacing my c 4-dana 20 with a c 6-np 205 combo. The only worry I have is, how much power I will lose. Right now I love the power of my jeep, it has a 89 5.0 ho fuel injected mustang motor. If I lose a lot of power is there anything I can do to the transmission to gain back some power. I have heard I will lose about 40-60 horse power.

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
Yea you will lose more power going from the c4 to the c6, how much I'm not sure. If you do though I might be able to take the c4/20 off your hands for the Explorer :D The c6 will take more power just because it is huge though. Way bigger than the c4

·
Registered
4,914 Posts
What's wrong with the c4/d20 combo?

I've heard quotes of 40 - 60 hp loss through a c6. Not real sure what a c4 takes for power.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am not sure the c 4 and dana 20 is strong enough for me. I have a 89 jeep wrangler, 5.0 ho mustang motor, front hp dana 60, rear eaton ho72 with 14 bolt axles and spider gears, and 39.5 boggers. I am thinking my next tire will be a 44 inch tire. I don't want to break b/c of tranny and t case problems, unless they were worn out.

·
Registered
2,231 Posts
If your worried about power loss you can do an AOD gear set in a C6 giving you a lower first and second gear, I deal for crawling. I have a C6 in my Bronco with no issues at all of course I do have an AOD swap as well that I will say I like much more now, I have had no power issues or loss of with the C6 in everything from 351W's to 460's. Yeah they take a bit more power to turn stock but well worth it in the long run...

·
Registered
1,672 Posts
1.96 if ya wanna get technical

1 - 9 of 9 Posts