Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Will a smallblock c-6 and 205 t-case fit into an EB? I have the combo on the garage floor and a friend states that the t-case will hit the drivers side framerail. Anyone done this and have some pics?

·
Registered
83 Posts
I dont know about the length issue but as far as width I have a 205 behind a t-18 and it fits snug up against the frame rail but works good.:p

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks guys, just wanted to make sure I didn't have something wrong. Put it in yesterday and it sits so close to the framerail.

Sceep> is that mount on the t-case permanent? If so do you think it'll give ya too much vibration? The pic was a big help, now I have an idea on how high it should be as well!!

Thanks again!

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
maritime mudder said:

Sceep> is that mount on the t-case permanent? If so do you think it'll give ya too much vibration? The pic was a big help, now I have an idea on how high it should be as well!!

Thanks again!
Its not exactly solid mount, there is a piece of rubber, about 5/8" think between the mount and the t-case. motor mounts are planned for the same thing, solid as possible but with some vibration control.

That setup there is a "bit" high. we raised everything up a tad since the EB will be running a 3" body lift.

Nate.

·
Registered
540 Posts
Sceep,
Is there going to be a crossmember between the tranny and the Tcase??? Or are you using just the one in the picture? Where did you get the rubber for between the case and frame mount??

Curious how much force a tranny/tcase cossmember takes when under load???? I have to build a crossmeber for my C6/205 and need to know how much beef it needs to take all the torque behind a big block??

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
yes the crosmember is now in place between the tranny and the t-case. the rubber is just a picece of mudflap mat'l we had laying around.

The mid x-member we builtis 2 x 2 x .120 wall square tube.

nate

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
sceep... I am running a 3" body lift also and was wondering if you raised the motor as well. also do you have any more pics of the new box crossmember or anything else that would be of help to me? only difference is that /i will be running a 435 instead.
thanks

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
sorry.. no other pics at the moment.. everything is dissasembled and at the sandblasters. :D

·
Registered
540 Posts
Give us an idea of what your crossmember looks like. Is it just straight across on the bottom of the frame? What did you use for a bushing of some sort? I need some ideas because I cant run a crossmember straight across on the bottom of the frame because my radius arm mounts are right in the way. I thought about going up and over the frame but the clearance is real tight to the 205 yoke.

·
thhhpptthh!
46,718 Posts
here ya go.. rough draft of it. the front yolk clears the top of it by ~ 1/4".
In between the mounting plate @ the tunnel and the tunnel itself is another pices of rubber.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
sceep said:
here ya go.. rough draft of it. the front yolk clears the top of it by ~ 1/4".
In between the mounting plate @ the tunnel and the tunnel itself is another pices of rubber.
thank you. that helps me a lot. I was wondering about interferance with the yoke and c/v

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Talk to blown66 about his little probs with a c6 205 in his 66 EB. The CV hit the trans body and no cure, he now runs an AOD.

Note to self: Your in the Ford section????

·
Registered
540 Posts
spoolnaround said:
Talk to blown66 about his little probs with a c6 205 in his 66 EB. The CV hit the trans body and no cure, he now runs an AOD.

Note to self: Your in the Ford section????
I dont know Blown but I am assuming he used the short adapter on the C6??? This makes it imossible to use a front CV because the C6 pan is so wide. With the longer adapter and tailshaft you can use a front CV no problem.

·
Registered
1,083 Posts
Im sure he wishes he new this before he spent the $$ on the AOD. Well thats what he gets for just lurking around.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts