Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, first off I know I should be getting D60 and junk the 35 but

I seen these flipping through a JEG'S catalog. It say they are suppose to solve all the problems with stock c - clips. They replace the stock bearings with ball bearings that are pressed onto the axles. The bearings are retained and the axles held safely in place by the Strange safety hubs that are bolted to the stock axle housing through the existing brake plate holes. They are only listed for stock axles in a 64-78 Camero, Nova, or Chevelle housing and the 8.8" axles. This is just what the catalog said. So what exactly do these do? Can you get rid of the c - clips or do they just keep the axle shaft in if the clip does break. I'm sure you could modify or make one of these to fit on a D35. What do you think??

[ 10-15-2001: Message edited by: Weasel ]

·
Registered
32 Posts
The older D35's had this method of axle retention (like a D44), they're still pretty weak. The only advantage is that when you break an axle, it will hold your wheel ass'y on.

·
Premium Member
16,670 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It was my understanding that the old axles have something similar to this but the axle will still fall out, just not as soon as a c clip version.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts