Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,053 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
85 4runner 44044s frunt 4" rear dual t/case 1989 C/V to be used in the rear is any one runing it with out clearenceing the C/V or is it manditory to have it cleranced? the reason for the ? is it is my daily driver [my work truck diad]and i would like to instal the dual t/case and have the shaft built localy so no need to wait for dilivery there and back.and i need to go wheeling next weekend

[ 08-25-2001: Message edited by: toy 4 rox ]

·
Premium Member
4,400 Posts
Originally posted by toy 4 rox:
<STRONG>85 4runner 44044s frunt 4" rear dual t/case 1989 C/V to be used in the rear is any one runing it with out clearenceing the C/V or is it manditory to have it cleranced? the reason for the ? is it is my daily driver [my work truck diad]and i would like to instal the dual t/case and have the shaft built localy so no need to wait for dilivery there and back.and i need to go wheeling next weekend</STRONG>
I'm running an unclearanced CV in the rear, it was built from new parts, so I don't know to what year it compares. Anyway, it has 27-29 degrees operating angle and is close. If you have a 22 degree CV, you may need to run a limit strap in the middle of the axle. If you have an angle guage, check the angle of the shaft at full droop, that'll give you a worst case angle.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts