Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I found a 78 2WD pickup at U-pull today, it has the C4. (yeah it looks so-so) What parts do you guy's recommend to grap off of it?

I pulled the dipstick tube, but stick was gone.

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
The bellvel(sp?) spring in the cluth pack like to break. Same with the little clips that hold the shift and park rail on. Not that it hurts that much. For good cluth baskets, find a pinto, they have baskets that will fit few extra clutchs.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
emsoffroad said:
The bellvel(sp?) spring in the cluth pack like to break. Same with the little clips that hold the shift and park rail on. Not that it hurts that much. For good cluth baskets, find a pinto, they have baskets that will fit few extra clutchs.
Thanks for the great advice, now I'll have to open my books for find out what your talking about :D

How are the bellhousings in these? Like to crack?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I have never seen a problem with the bellhousings, you can use either bell on the case that the bell bolts to the case. You can always bolt one on the goes thru the front pump. Even the big block bells hold up well.

·
Registered
4,591 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
emsoffroad, thanks for the info.

When I cleaned my C4 I found a cracked bellhousing. Got the yard to replace it.

What's your thoughts on a used torque converter? (Agian thinking spare parts)

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Not sure but, I've heard the truck bell housings are beefier than the cars' (C4s):confused:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts