Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
21,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've got an 88 Bronco 302 that had an AOD behind it to begin with. I have a C6 bolted up to it right now, just minus the TC. Will an AOD TC work on a C6? As a side note, I'm still using the AOD flexplate.

·
Registered
240 Posts
i'm almost positive it won't because the aod is a lockup converter unless you eliminated the shaft that runs through the trans

·
Registered
14 Posts
The Aod flexplate will not work they are diffenent. I havent posted here much but just look up the parts on autozone. I take it by tc you mean torque converter??? If so it wont work either.

·
Premium Member
21,631 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The Aod flexplate will not work they are diffenent. I havent posted here much but just look up the parts on autozone. I take it by tc you mean torque converter??? If so it wont work either.
All the research I've done have said that the AOD flexplate will work with a C6 but a C6 flexplate won't work with and AOD since it pushes the TC into much and will destroy the pump. Is my info wrong?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I couldnt get the bellhousing to get flush with the block. I pulled the flexplate and the difference was visible. Do you have a link to what you have read? Does the starter mesh right?

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
So, in my searching, I ran across this thread.

I'm balls deep in the same swap and wondering what you came up with.

·
Safety third!
11,374 Posts
I spent a lot of time on fullsizebronco.com since I'm using all bronco parts.
Probably help if you quoted him so he gets the bat signal. Rooney isn't a regular in this section.

·
Premium Member
21,631 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,298 Posts
Meh, thanks anyway.

I ended up digging around some mustang forums, ended up about where I started. We're just gonna run the flexplate we used with the aod, measure everything and send it. If everything explodes or destroys the trans, I'll report back.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts