Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
a C6 that came with a 208/1356/? has what pattern? Same as Atlas/d300? I did a search, but the results were conflicting. One guy said you had to drill one hole and others say no way, and some say 6 hole circular pattern. Calrification please? What splines? Basically, I want to run a d300 behind a ford auto, Possible?

·
Registered
414 Posts
ALL C6's will be 31spline. I've never seen or heard of another pattern than the circular one.
Jeep D300 input shaft is 23spline.
Anything is possible/doable, and in your case you'll just need a custom output shaft for the C6 and a custom adapter.
The C6 has a very long output shaft(8" adapter between tranny & NP205) so there is lots-o-room to cut it down. O.D. shouldn't be a problem cause the Jeep D300 is a smaller shaft(pretty sure).
Problem will be that the C6 is a wide biatch, you'll want your T-case a ways back so the D-shaft will clear the trans pan.
I run a C6 w NP205(8" adapter) and the D-shaft is QUITE close. Not sure how wide the D300 is in comparison to the NP205, but ist's gotta be close(input to front yolk).
You might wanna conside a C4 auto, cause its narrower.
Good luck

·
Registered
1,231 Posts
Just wanted to add my .02
Some C6/ np205 combos came with a shorter 5 3/4" adapter & output shaft so if you need the room for a longer driveshaft thats always an option. I found mine in a 78 bronco.

·
Registered
414 Posts
I 'had' a front CV but it would bind REAL bad when the Dr. side drooped out. Stuck a regular single joint in there and hogged out the yolk a bit for more angle.
Works great now.
Tossed some 'U-joint straps' over the joint & through the yolk.

Anyone know what the difference in adapters was for?? big blocks/small blocks? was it a T-case thing(NP208/NP205?ect.)?

C6 + 8"adapter + NP205 = 41.5"
My front shaft is WAY short, I'm tryin to find ways to get the drivetrain LONGER.

·
Ford Forum Moderator
1,999 Posts
Rogue Bronco said:
Anyone know what the difference in adapters was for?? big blocks/small blocks? was it a T-case thing(NP208/NP205?ect.)?
I kinda assumed for a while that the short adapter was probably used in trucks with a NP203 because of how much longer that case is than a NP205, but what Rocksforbrains up there mentioned kinda gave me a different :idea:
It may have been used for the shorter wheelbase Broncos instead. Either one kinda makes sense, but I don't know of anyone that can give a solid answer on that.
I desperatly needed a longer front driveshaft myself. My shaft with just the 205 was about a 28" working length if I remember correctly (with the long adapter) & I'm up so 38" now with the douber installed. I too would still like a little more length to relieve the angle on it, I'm still limiting the droop I can get out of my suspension because of driveline angles. I'm getting almost 40 degrees out of a 1350 joint with no CV, but rumor has it a 1410 can go further if that helps you out any without having to spend the $$$ on a doubler.

·
Registered
540 Posts
The longer 8" adapter can "usually" be found in long bed trucks. The short adapter 5 3/4" "usually" can be found in broncos and short wheelbase trucks.

·
Registered
414 Posts
AZFord4x4 said:
I'm getting almost 40 degrees out of a 1350 joint with no CV, but rumor has it a 1410 can go further if that helps you out any without having to spend the $$$ on a doubler.
Yeah, but which is 'cooler'. :flipoff2:
My front shaft is currently 25"ish.
So doubler it is.
Did you keep all you 'doubler' stuff Ford (circular)?? or ORD ect.?

·
Ford Forum Moderator
1,999 Posts
It's the ORD kit... but it uses all Ford parts except the shaft & adapter, so I'm not exactly sure what you were refering to there. :confused:

·
Registered
414 Posts
Just wanderin how ya went about it (the doubler).
Im goin Ford NP435(bolts to engine), Dodge NP435 output shaft W Dodge NP203(Shorter stock adapter, and puts shifter on other side), Then back to Ford NP205 (driver drop).
just need 1 custom shaft & adapter.
Just not sure as to how long to make it, or just buy the stuff(if available, I think it should be).

·
Registered
1,839 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sorry on the slow reply, been in a few different states, Thank you for the info, will probably go with the c-4 in my garage, spendy adapter.:(

1 - 11 of 11 Posts