Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wondering what the colored stripe on the vacuum modulator means.

I went to get a new one, and the wanted to know what color the one I have is, well I painted the sucker so I dont know.

THANKS, Todd S.

·
FoMoCo MoFo
4,572 Posts
Shift pont range... irrelevant nowadays really.. cause the after market replacements are adjustable.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well thats what I thought. The one I have shifts WAY early. I tried adjusting it in and out, with no noticeable effect. Its brand new, but I cant remember what color stripe it has....

·
Registered
4,050 Posts
you got a new one that does not affect shifting when the screw is adjusted ? did you put the push rod back in ? are you sure you have good vaccum ? or did you adjust the old one and it had no effect ?

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
you got a new one that does not affect shifting when the screw is adjusted ??
Yes.

did you put the push rod back in ? ?
Dont think that one fell out.

are you sure you have good vaccum ? ?
Not POSITIVE, but I can check it.

or did you adjust the old one and it had no effect ?
No, adjusted the new one with no effect.

It shifts out of low, in less than 10 feet. No joke.

I will check out vacuum at the trans tomorow. THANKS for the help, and things to look at. Todd S.

·
FoMoCo MoFo
4,572 Posts
Sounds like the adjustment screw is all the way out. Turn it in about 3 turns and see if that changes it.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Its turned all the way in now. Tried it out about half way, no effect.

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Wife is in the hospital with Kidney stone...... Will check vacuum when I can. THANKS again for the help, this site is the best for info, and getting bashed.:D

·
Registered
858 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
?did you put the push rod back in ?
Well, I got a chance to look at it today..... the "pushrod" was missing. I used a piece of 1/8 inch cold roll, and made me a new one. I asked a local Trans guy what to do and he said to just use a 1/8 inch dia. chunk of something, and make it where it just starts to push the vacuum modulator in about 1/16 before the modu. butts up to the trans.

I have 150lbs of pump pressure in forward and 185-300lbs in reverse now.:D
I owe you one.
THANKS AGAIN. Todd S.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts