Pirate 4x4 banner

21 - 40 of 62 Posts

·
Registered
3,668 Posts
Anything will bolt up to anything. If you wanted to, you could get this transmission to bolt up to a briggs and stratton, it all depends on how bad you want it, and how much you have to spend. To answer your question, no, it will not bolt up. AMC was notorious for buying their parts from Ford and GM, who ever offered the better price got their parts used on their product. I doubt however they would do this with a transmission, changing their engines, or paying extra money for an adapter.

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Anything will bolt up to anything. If you wanted to, you could get this transmission to bolt up to a briggs and stratton, it all depends on how bad you want it, and how much you have to spend. To answer your question, no, it will not bolt up. AMC was notorious for buying their parts from Ford and GM, who ever offered the better price got their parts used on their product. I doubt however they would do this with a transmission, changing their engines, or paying extra money for an adapter.
Hey Tony,
Actually AMC was notorious for doing this with engines...

The Iron Duke 151 will bolt to a Chevy, no problems.

In some instances, you can bolt a Furd tranny onto a jeep motor...

However, this is not the place for this. This is my for sale ad and this transmission is sold... shipping on Tuesday, UPS terminal pick up.

·
Registered
166 Posts
When you ship could you let me know the tracking number. This is going in a jeep wrangler, 5.0 ho mustang motor, 39.5 boggers, 5.13 dana 60 hp front, and eaton ho72 rear. Had a c 4 dana 20 combo now c 6 np 205, and soon to be doubled with a 203, building 4 link front and rear, and stretching it to about 106 inch wheel base. Also Do you think this tranny is good to go or should I rebuild it?
Thanks
Dan

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
When you ship could you let me know the tracking number. This is going in a jeep wrangler, 5.0 ho mustang motor, 39.5 boggers, 5.13 dana 60 hp front, and eaton ho72 rear. Had a c 4 dana 20 combo now c 6 np 205, and soon to be doubled with a 203, building 4 link front and rear, and stretching it to about 106 inch wheel base. Also Do you think this tranny is good to go or should I rebuild it?
Thanks
Dan
I rebuild everything. This truck ran and shifted fine, but advertised as is and listed with unknown miles. How soon would you want to rip it out again?

·
Registered
166 Posts
I can pull a tranny in 1-2 hours. I don't mind. I think I might run it till it dies. It is a c 6, and in a very light vehicle. I'll put some Lucas in it, that stuff is great, it has fixed slipping trannies, and still running the tranny 1 1/2 years later, as my dd.

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #29
Have you shipped the tranny, is there a tracking number.
thanks Dan
It will probably go out Friday. I just got it separated from the motor and t-case.

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #31

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
Yes. Yellow Freight, instead of UPS.

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
Yellow Freight is the shipper. I am away from my office today and won't be back until Thursday. I will get the Bill of Lading and get it over to you.

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #37
Just wondering if you were back at your office yet. Please let me know the information on shipping.
Thanks
Dan
I should be home this evening. having a bit of difficulty with flights out.

I emailed the bill of lading to you.

·
Registered
166 Posts
Hey grendel, could you help me out. It says the tranny is suppose to be here by the 29, according to bill of lading. We do not have a freight company by the name on the bill of lading, and no one has contacted me to let me know it is in spokane. Could you help me find out where it is. Or what company has it.
Thanks
Dan

·
Dinkerdoodledoo
9,163 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
I have a call into freightquote.com to find out who Old Dominion/Yellow Freight is in Spokane, WA.

21 - 40 of 62 Posts