Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just tried to get my Toyota 4Runner smogged at my local station. I have been to the same place 4 times before- no problem.

Now- they have the new dyno style smog machine. I pull up and the guy gives me a dirty look- no big deal- my rig is ugly.

"Can I help you?" he asked. "Yeah, I need a smog.", I answered. "Not on THAT!", he said scowling at my rusty POS.

long story short- I argued with him for awhile and he would not do it due to "tires that are too large for the vehicle."

So I figured it was just him. I was surprised to get the same type of treatment at the next place.

"That thing will run right off the dyno with them tires!" blah blah blah.

Does anyone know if there is a place I can get my heap smogged in the East Bay (CA) without putting smaller tires on it?
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
HE is a moron We will smog any vehicle that is drivable on the street 42inch swampers tires or not !

we are a licencesed Smog test and repair Station we Understand the
like big tires and ugly vehicles


Adam, :flipoff2:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
961 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might have to swing by on my way to the trail.

thanks dude!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,920 Posts
Adam Ant said:
HE is a moron We will smog any vehicle that is drivable on the street 42inch swampers tires or not !

Rosemont 4wheel Drive!
we are a licencesed Smog test and repair Station we Understand the 4wheel drive Stuff
like big tires and ugly vehicles


Adam, :flipoff2:
Hey Adam.. wheres your shop at? In the elk grove area?.. I need to get my Car and jeep smogged pretty soon, and id rather give a vendor my cash than some shop down the street
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
We are on 9113 Keifer Blvd Sacramento Ca
Behind the Blockbuster in the Albertsons shopping center Just look for all the Rigs we can take care of cars or Jeeps, Toys Broncos Scouts and other Piles Let us know
we like 4 wheel drives


Adam,
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
4,087 Posts
ashtons auto, dublin ca. off of dublin blvd. I think they might have it in and running. dunno if he can do it for sure but worth a shot. dont go to quality tune off of daugherty rd.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
476 Posts
I am down in Stockton and need my rig smogged as well do I have to have it smogged in the same county?? Or could I get it up to you guys and have you smog it?? TIA Will
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,838 Posts
Hey adam can you guys deal with motor swaps or is that a referee only thing?

All I did was put a ranger v6 and all it's crap in place of a ranger 4 banger.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
53CJ3aFlattie said:
I am down in Stockton and need my rig smogged as well do I have to have it smogged in the same county?? Or could I get it up to you guys and have you smog it?? TIA Will
You can smog it any where You want
it is smoged on where your Vehicle is registered
and it does not matter Both counties are Dyno test
Adam
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
Danger Ranger said:
Hey adam can you guys deal with motor swaps or is that a referee only thing?

All I did was put a ranger v6 and all it's crap in place of a ranger 4 banger.

We Install Motor Swaps All the time We are not the Ref. you still Need to go to the Ref and get Bar label and verification as we do also Prior to going to a smog shop Any smog shop
dealing with the ref is not that bad Remember it has to be clean and Labeled correctly go through a check list and have all your Documentation and you will be good to go
Garranteed make it easy for him and he will make it easy for you
I suggest George of 14th Ave in Sac at the Ref station When you make the appointment

Adam,
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
476 Posts
So I can take it to your shop and still register it down here in Stockton?? Will
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
19,779 Posts
My firend with 39 boggers was just on the Dyno in Dublin, No biggie, He fit just fine, The issue was at 40mph the boggers went square and the Smog startion stoped testing due to saftey issues
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
53CJ3aFlattie said:
So I can take it to your shop and still register it down here in Stockton?? Will
yep
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,043 Posts
welndmn said:
My firend with 39 boggers was just on the Dyno in Dublin, No biggie, He fit just fine, The issue was at 40mph the boggers went square and the Smog startion stoped testing due to saftey issues
why was he going 40 MPH when there is only 15 and 25 mph testing??


Adam,:confused:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,920 Posts
Adam Ant said:
We are on 9113 Keifer Blvd Sacramento Ca
Behind the Blockbuster in the Albertsons shopping center Just look for all the Rigs we can take care of cars or Jeeps, Toys Broncos Scouts and other Piles Let us know
we like 4 wheel drives


Adam,
Sweet.. I will definatly be using you guys from now on.. or my friend's shop in manteca.. Got a set of stock jeep tires i can throw on the back for the dyno? :D :D
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
474 Posts
In Clyde there used to be a place called a breath of fresh air they builds all kinds of toyota fj40 to pickups. its over by the naval weapon station on hwy4
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,053 Posts
I am the guy with the 39 boggers, they fit just barely, but the height was not the problem. They are 18 inch wide boggers on a fullsize 14 bolt, but it still fit. It started hoping on the dyno at about 20 was my guess. Whatever, I got smaller tires and went to a different station and the guy there was super cool. Then it passed with flying colors!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
11,607 Posts
I had to put on 35's for the ref, but it was no big deal since he passed me I don't care ;)

I don't see how height matters but he said they wouldn't clear something or other, I just put TWO 35's on the rear only (left the front 38" swampers on) and they were happy :)
 
1 - 20 of 30 Posts
Top