Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes I did search. I found lots of cabs on blazer frames, but none on burb frames. Anyone got a link or info?

·
Registered
251 Posts
Are you wanting to use a single or crew cab? I put a crew cab on a Suburban frame.

·
Registered
5,491 Posts
The main thing with the Burb frame is it stays low through the middle. Great for a crewcab. If you want to run a single cab, you need to make up some tall rear cab mounts.

·
Registered
4,413 Posts
With a single cab you end up with basicly a longbed truck.Only 2" different in wheelbase.But like was said the Sub's frame stay low longer to clear the floor.

·
Registered
11,628 Posts
Just did a swap on a Sierra Classic single cab on a 'burban frame. The front mounts lined up by the front doors. The rest he fabbed up. He's going to cut the back of the frame off and build a flatbed. Came out awesome.

·
Registered
7 Posts
purchased a 90 suburban and a 84 dually

put the dana 60 and cab on suburban frame

cant find the pic but the donar sub rear portion is being made into a real short bed with barn doors and a fiberglass tauno cover
here is the temp bed to keep the law at bay

·
Registered
1,184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Regular cab on a burb frame is what I was thinking. Since the frame is low I could cut it out and replace it with some 2x5 .200 wall rails and box the rest... Or I could back half it from the firewall back... Hmm. Possibilities..

Thanks guys

1 - 8 of 8 Posts