Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have any info on when/how/if Dan is planning on paying prize money.
I don't need speculation from those that were not there, I just wondering if anyone had more info than just, "you'll get paid in a few weeks when I get back to the states..."

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Lets just say that nobody will ever know where anyone finished except for Jason and Tracy.
We had a lot of points to argue but once we saw that we were lower than 5th, we walked away without saying a word. Truely, we were right with Skinny and Jonny G, but really the only show stoppers were Tracy and Paulie!

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
So basically there wont be another BajaRocks? Sounds like it turned into a cluster fawk! Would any of you attend it if they had another?

·
Registered
7,257 Posts
Lance said:

I would! :bounce::bounce2:
Your just a glutton for ass pain is why you'd go! :flipoff2:

Seriously though is the event going to be something or was this a one time deal? I seemed to see alot of pub before it happened and then very little feedback when it finished, I just didnt get a good impression, then again I wasnt there and only know what I see on this little box here..

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
Pdaddy said:

Seriously though is the event going to be something or was this a one time deal? I seemed to see alot of pub before it happened and then very little feedback when it finished, I just didnt get a good impression, then again I wasnt there and only know what I see on this little box here..
He says there will be another event in November in La Paz... We'll see.... As has been said previously, the event was severely disorganized.... Hopefully *if* there is another event, they will learn from there mistakes in this event, and make the next one better.

·
40,288 Posts
I don't crawl on rocks, but I do compete. And I'd have to say that if I felt that the organization had "good intentions", I'd be willing to cut them some slack, especially for a 1st-time event. That being the case, no reason to not give 'em another shot. Now, if that's NOT the case, I'd react a little differently ;)

TEX

·
pro web-wheeler
21,640 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Tex, you hit the nail on the head...As long as the organisers pay what they promised to pay, of course I'd go back and compete for them again in the future...they recognised their disorganisation as much as we did and they would really deserve a second chance as I felt their intentions were great.
As for competing in Mexico with ANY other organiser, I would not hold back in the slightest, though I would ask the course designer to consider the situation we are in with a clearer focus on logistics...I had fun on that course but we all took a big risk physically (no life flight and no hospital for hours in a bad situation) as well as mechanically (not exactly the best place to be broken)...thank god there were so few competitors!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts