Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok so does it need more triangulation?

Attachments

·
Registered
363 Posts
looks very complicated and very unique. cages are ahrd to build because if you are not a pro you dont know if its going to work out.if you ask me it looks very good but i dont know aout as far as strenth gos.i would change the rear section make it different have the tubing go across like an X thats my sugesstion rather than have a bunch of shorter pieces tie into that U .you need someone with more know how than me.also that design could work out i think because its ooo braced all over.it also depends on what tubing you choose to use and the integrity of the welds.that cage looks very complicated and without the knowhow and the proper tools and everything can be very hard to make.im not assuming that you dont if you do thats great i say go for it :smokin:

·
Registered
497 Posts
bones99 said:
Ok so does it need more triangulation?
Jeeze, are you building a better Bear Trap? :flipoff2:

If you like the looks, go for it. IMHO, I would loose some of it, you can build a very functional full cage with less tube and would cost less. Your Zuk would appreciate the diet.

·
Registered
3,857 Posts
It will be fine that is a close rendering of the 4Xfabrication cage and it is one of the best when done right.

Wayne

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah she may be a little fat. :laughing:

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
ZukIzzy said:
It will be fine that is a close rendering of the 4Xfabrication cage and it is one of the best when done right.

Ya well who's your cage daddy LOL

Wayne
Hmm looks vaugley familiar, the center window bars would be better /\ or \/. The rear c-Hoop needs to go to the floor. We have since changed the tie in connections to make it stronger. ( there was a reason it was done like that the first time we did it though. Your front outer spreaders will not work angled the way you have them rendered( You will smash your head and 2 they will not clear the factory targa if you are going to use it. Also I have most of those parts already built, if you want to by the kit LOL. Looks good, what software are you using to render your parts in. I need to get something like it.
Old design

not using factory doors so we entrude to the outside

Differnt cage

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Rockrat said:
Hmm looks vaugley familiar, :laughing: :laughing: :laughing:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks for the advice rockrat. I have been kind playing around with it trying to find something that I like. I do like your cage(thats why the 180 bend) I may just order one from you. That is Solidworks 2005 that i am using. Very nice program IMHO. Thanks again. Better to do it this way than to make it and not like it.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
bones99 said:
Thanks for the advice rockrat. I have been kind playing around with it trying to find something that I like. I do like your cage(thats why the 180 bend) I may just order one from you. That is Solidworks 2005 that i am using. Very nice program IMHO. Thanks again. Better to do it this way than to make it and not like it.

Is that program a little spendy... I like it. Right now we use Bendtech 2.0 but it only does single pc. the new program when it is released I will be able to assemble the parts. for a total view.

·
Registered
337 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Yeah it is real spendy I think 2 seats of it was almost $15,000 but it does alot more than the bendtech 2.0 can think of. Question about the cage. Could I buy sections at a time insted of the whole thing at once

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
bones99 said:
Yeah it is real spendy I think 2 seats of it was almost $15,000 but it does alot more than the bendtech 2.0 can think of. Question about the cage. Could I buy sections at a time insted of the whole thing at once
Guess i will start looking for copys on the internet.. LOL and yes we can do pc.

·
Registered
3,914 Posts
Rockrat said:
Guess i will start looking for copys on the internet.. LOL and yes we can do pc.
you have P/M

1 - 16 of 16 Posts