Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I have a hard top zuk and I was woundering do I need a cage for it I have been told that with a hard top it isnt a nesesity. All the help is appriciated.

·
Registered
2,212 Posts
ArmyZUk said:
Hey I have a hard top zuk and I was woundering do I need a cage for it I have been told that with a hard top it isnt a nesesity. All the help is appriciated.

No, you won't need a cage........

·
Top Shelf
2,865 Posts
I have rolled my rig over 40 times. I owe my life to my cage. Don't be afraid to over build it, the more tubes the better. Make sure to build your cage out of quality steel tubing. I use .120 wall 1.2" D.O.M. Get some good suspension seats and harness, then tie them into your cage. I know it sounds like alot of time and money but, it's your life you are talking about.

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
ArmyZUk said:
thank I will get one. Do you guys know of anyone that can install one?
If you would tell us where you are located we just might be able to help you out :shaking:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
I'm in the middle of installing one in a hardtop for a guy right now....

·
Registered
2,227 Posts
sh996 said:

Um, without pics........... it didn't happen :shaking:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Ellis-DeWalt_52 said:
what? yeah what he said :shaking:
I was waiting on that :flipoff2:

I'll try to get some pics tomorrow. So far I've got the two side bars (calmini style cage vs the davesport style cage), the B hoop (which is actually a stock sammy B hoop narrowed), and the bar across the dash all tacked in place. The hardest part is going to be welding it all while inside the sammy, and not catching it or me on fire :D .

·
Registered
2,567 Posts
sh996 said:
The hardest part is going to be welding it all while inside the sammy, and not catching it or me on fire :D .
This we want pictures of - you on fire, in the zuk.

·
Registered
182 Posts
yeah, that would be mine.
have you burned it to the ground yet??
Unless you get it done sooner,i will see you in Goldendale.
Dennis

sh996 said:

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Last one, then I gotta get back out there. Dennis, I'm really hoping to get it finished by saturday so I can do some work on mine for the Goldendale competition, I'll call you if it's going to be ready to pick up. I still need to add the connecting tube across the top of the windshield, 2 kickers from front to back, and the two connecting bars across the bottom of the doors. Now if I could just find that fire extinguisher...... :D

Attachments

·
Registered
182 Posts
Keith,
It looks good so far.
Oh,by the way,there is a fire extinguisher in the back on the drivers side :D
If you need to get stuff done on yours for the comp,don't let mine hold you up.
Dennis

1 - 20 of 20 Posts