Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys, i got a few questions..

cage is in, the A and i guess it would be the C pillars are already mounted to the frame, plated the frame with 1/4" plate, cut square, welded to the frame in a diamond fashion, the tubes are all welded, and ready to roll (i guess thats litterally eh:smokin: ?)

now i've got 40" MTRs and a low slung truck, so i dont have tons of room between the tire and body, so the b Pillar mount has to be pretty sleek and high.......

i have an idea of how its gonna work, but the tub is not wanting to let me do it..

show your pics....

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
www.metaltech.com

he has a tie in kit that would do you well.

'll see if i can find a pic of mine.

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Found it.

Mark made mine longer to make up for my fenders...

But you get the idea.

Attachments

·
Registered
572 Posts
Jason M said:
Found it.

Mark made mine longer to make up for my fenders...

But you get the idea.

Jason- Is there something strange going on with your shock mount in that pic, or am I seeing things? How bout a close up pic?

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Considering it is a 5/8" wrench it is not strange...

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
OnTheSpot said:
My version

had a similar idea.... but that method takes up way too much room for the 40"s to articulate....

my idea was basically that, but the tube was bent on a 90* and the 90 was in the tub, basically like the stock supports, but in tube

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
You want B or C pillar???

·
Premium Member
2,823 Posts
FullsizeYota said:
had a similar idea.... but that method takes up way too much room for the 40"s to articulate....

my idea was basically that, but the tube was bent on a 90* and the 90 was in the tub, basically like the stock supports, but in tube
I guess I should also mention that my axle is pushed back. What is your wheel base on 4d's?

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
:flipoff2:

lol

·
Registered
3,157 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
OnTheSpot said:
I guess I should also mention that my axle is pushed back. What is your wheel base on 4d's?

101.... flipped rear springs, and hard mount moved back 1-2 inches.... it's been a while, my brain doesnt remember how much:flipoff2:

i got it mocked up tonight.... my light fell and broke, thus ending my working on the cruiser, i miss my 40x60 shop :( im working in my back yard, but atleast it's MY backyard:cool2:

i'll post pics

·
Registered
605 Posts
i had a similar problem i run 38.5's and only have the springs flipped, so under stuff a lot of options would hit and i didn't want wheel spacers. I cant post pics but if you have a tube bender you can make two opposite bends to push the support over the frame more. It's not as strong as what is seen above but i don't have to hit the cage under stuff either. If i can post on another siter i'll link it here for you.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts