Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
here's a few pics from this weekends event in Lucerne Valley
This is Ian's Cruiser ( AKA, Complaine, Krusty's son ) , somewhere midway thru the event.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
here's one more before I call it a nite, it was a long drive and a couple of cold nights in the desert so I'm looking forward to a good nites sleep in a warm bed.

This is one of the few action shots I got as a still pic. Most of the action I caught on video. It's not a Cruiser but it is a cool shot.
BTW, Ian drove thru that same set of rocks with ease :D Sorry, I didn't get apic:(

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
BTW, Andy (aka Krusty ) will have some great action shots. He did all his with a digital, but those guys won't be home till late tonight.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
I'm not too sure about which class these guys were running. This was Ian's first competition, doing the CalRocs thing.
His rig has a Propane powered SB Chevy V8, with an SM465 thru a Dana 300. Dana 60 axles front and rear with a Detroit in the rear and an ARB in the front.

There weren't that many Cruisers there.

A lot of tube buggies , mini trucks ( or what used to be ) and Jeeps.

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Here's a motely crew...Team Complaine after a hard day of wheeling. That's Krusty Cruiser playing the Guitar, excellant music ! That man can play the guitar. And I always thought he was just another Cruiser head :D

·
Registered
1,503 Posts
Discussion Starter #14 (Edited)
one more, Ian on the rocks with Dustin Crawford spotting. Dustin was a tired pup by the end of the day. That's a lot of work spottin that course.

Good job guys !:D

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
I think I got a few pics of the gray gruiser, but the one I know I got was when he got wedged for a while with a flat(lost a bead)on course three? . (were they the ones that cut the winch remote cable?)

·
Registered
363 Posts
Nice work Ian. Pretty good showing for your first comp... as a driver that is.
You've come a long way since riding shotgun with your dad at HH!

Looks like you and Phil were neck and neck.
-ckp

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Whew, what a long strange trip......

Thanks for posting those pics, Reddog, and for all the great camraderie! You sing pretty good too - maybe we should do American Idol, next time, huh?

Cruiserbrett - yup that was Ian (COMPLAINE) that lost both beads and trashed the remote and a solenoid in the winch. Did'nt dampen his spirits though - they had good runs on the other obstacles of the day.

Craig - remember, it was ME riding shotgun at HH - he was the wheelin fool! Wouldn't have it any other way!

Dustin - hope you made it back to Sactown good buddy - thanks for all your great work! Here's to the next one!

Andy

PS: I will try and get my act together this evening to post our digi pics - right now duty calls.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Re: Whew, what a long strange trip......

KrustyKruiser said:
Thanks for posting those pics, Reddog, and for all the great camraderie! You sing pretty good too - maybe we should do American Idol, next time, huh?

Cruiserbrett - yup that was Ian (COMPLAINE) that lost both beads and trashed the remote and a solenoid in the winch. Did'nt dampen his spirits though - they had good runs on the other obstacles of the day.

I saw some of the other runs and they looked great! I would flounder on my first Cal-rocs. comp. I wish I had known who they were, I would have gotten more pics when the digital was not acting up...

-Brett

·
Registered
890 Posts
we did way better on day 2 and im sure our next one we will be finishing a lot more courses. but yes...i was a very tired mutha suka! im still sore all over...but cant wait 4 the next one!!!:D

1 - 20 of 37 Posts