Pirate 4x4 banner

61 - 80 of 800 Posts

·
Premium Member
29,436 Posts
Morning update from LA - no change at all from yesterday.
and this is why people don't think it will be a big leap to add enforcement into the mix :laughing:

"people don't want to do what is willing best for them, so we are going to issue citations to all of them or confront them and make up a different charge"

with 99% of everything being considered essential, including recreation, it is ineffective.

·
Rolling Mod
04 Wrangler Unlimited, 67 F100
41,532 Posts
That’s exactly what my caregiver said when she got here. It actually worries me because the govt is going to do something really dumb to keep people home.

·
Registered
805 Posts
That’s exactly what my caregiver said when she got here. It actually worries me because the govt is going to do something really dumb to keep people home.
I have both views on this. If the government really wants people to stay home - pause rent, bills, utility payments, cresit card payments, etc.

Saying "dont go to work" but still pay your bills on time - cant have your cake and eat it too.

You cant tie peoples hands yet still expect them to pay their obligations. You cant pause half of the system, you either pause it all or you dont

·
Registered
10,335 Posts
I have both views on this. If the government really wants people to stay home - pause rent, bills, utility payments, cresit card payments, etc.

Saying "dont go to work" but still pay your bills on time - cant have your cake and eat it too.

You cant tie peoples hands yet still expect them to pay their obligations. You cant pause half of the system, you either pause it all or you dont
Lets have a Jubilee Year! YAY!!! :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
678 Posts
Hmm. Couldn't be because those were the main entry points for infected foreigners coming into the country? :homer:

I hate this state, too, but don't be a fuckwad about it.

Here's the problem. Where I live (and many others on Pirate) we have these little thunder storms that roll through every summer. We call them hurricanes. Sometimes they level everything in their path. Sometimes we don't have power for weeks. Sometimes there's no work to go back to, because where you worked is now a bare foundation. The National Guard is always called. There are always curfews. You are always told to stay home.

The point is. When hurricanes come the streets are empty. Some folks run north, but most around me shelter in place. When the power goes out for two weeks, you just deal with it. What I'm saying is, it can be done.

Problem with this virus is that you can't see it. There's no wind coming from the south telling you it's close, you can't smell it. It's a nice sunny day out. But, if you don't hide from it it will get worse and hurt someone else.

This is new because it's a virus and it's on a national level. But a lot of the country is more used to it than some. I think that's the correct way of saying it.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Lots of payments and late fees are being waived. BofA waived mortgage payments 60 days. Feds are waiving student loan payments for 1yr, etc.
waiting to see when its official, heard rumors but nothing solid yet. I would hope so, otherwise it will be a disaster

·
Registered
66,779 Posts

Everybody went to work here. Couple businesses yesterday told me I won't be able to stop in today and conduct business as usual. I may be seeing about that, later this afternoon. Or not.

·
Registered
471 Posts
In the meantime, we've got the coolest governor in the country.

She just extended the expiration date of purchase and carry permits in the state. If it runs out in this time, no need to worry.

Winning!

:usa:

·
Premium Member
80 Posts
Most people will go a long, listen to the government, shelter in place or whatever....for a very short time. As soon as this thing looks like its not as bad as all the hype and people are not being told anything as far as a time line or end up just waiting for the government to say till till I say so, people are gonna say fuck it and go back to work.

Im curious to see how they plan on enforcing a curfew or business closures when you have bums on the street and they stop prosecuting many crimes and let people out of jail. What, you think you are gonna let this burglar loose from his cage and then come close down my shop and arrest me? Yeah go fuck yourself.

·
Premium Member
5,852 Posts
Most people will go a long, listen to the government, shelter in place or whatever....for a very short time. As soon as this thing looks like its not as bad as all the hype and people are not being told anything as far as a time line or end up just waiting for the government to say till till I say so, people are gonna say fuck it and go back to work.

Im curious to see how they plan on enforcing a curfew or business closures when you have bums on the street and they stop prosecuting many crimes and let people out of jail. What, you think you are gonna let this burglar loose from his cage and then come close down my shop and arrest me? Yeah go fuck yourself.
That's my thing. What are they going to do, imprison or mow people people down in an effort so you dont accidently get someone sick? So you would go from a remote risk of death, to exponentially higher probibility (99% with the cops/NG and probibly 25% behind bars). What's going to be the death toll of shutting the economy down and people losing wages and jobs?

·
Registered
805 Posts
What, you think you are gonna let this burglar loose from his cage and then come close down my shop and arrest me? Yeah go fuck yourself.
I am with you 100%, as a small business owner.

But they wont arrest you, they will fine you. Oh you are in business, making money? Good here is a 1000 dollar fine for every day you operate. Same for the people going to work.

Its like traffic stops, they will go after the ones who can pay the fines, way to collect revenue.

·
Registered
29,929 Posts
ohio has already used law enforcement to board up a bar that refused to stay closed.

so yes, that's exactly what they'll do.

link
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cincinnati-police-boarded-up-a-bar-that-refused-to-shutter-to-prevent-the-coronavirus-spread/ar-BB11mSUU

·
Premium Member
29,436 Posts
ohio has already used law enforcement to board up a bar that refused to stay closed.

so yes, that's exactly what they'll do.

link
https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/cincinnati-police-boarded-up-a-bar-that-refused-to-shutter-to-prevent-the-coronavirus-spread/ar-BB11mSUU
whaaaat? no way would they do something like that.

i mean, of course they would stop people from practicing religion as they see fit though

https://www.foxnews.com/us/coronavirus-police-church-defy-state-order

Police responded Tuesday night to a Louisiana church where hundreds had congregated despite the state's ban on gatherings of more than 50 people — part of the effort to stop the spread of coronavirus.

·
Premium Member
15 Posts
Water ski too. You used to be able to ride your dirt bike in the hills of Riverside too. Not sure if that available any more since been a while.

That used to be a fun day long ago. Surf in the morning, water ski mid day, ride the bike in the afternoon and hit Mountain High for night skiing. Good times.
no more riding in the riverside hills

not possible to surf and ski in the same day-so much traffic

·
Registered
339 Posts
where i used to ride: you have to stop or we will confiscate your bike.
you are causing too much damage to the environment, creating ruts, bla bla bla.

its all houses now.

·
Registered
805 Posts
Back on topic..

post on another forum mentioned someone got ticketed $600 for the "social distancing" thing and maintaining less than 6 ft distance in a park.

·
Premium Member
29,436 Posts
Back on topic..

post on another forum mentioned someone got ticketed $600 for the "social distancing" thing and maintaining less than 6 ft distance in a park.
if your county is going to enforce it, counts as a MISD under emergency power act.

i'm very interested in seeing any actual proof of somebody getting a ticket for it this early.

figured it would at least be next week

61 - 80 of 800 Posts