Pirate 4x4 banner

41 - 55 of 55 Posts

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
RockRanger said:
I saw the green buggy they had the that was part scout. Never saw it on the lid. It was hard to get points cause they weren't post continously throughout the day. Over all there were alot of people timing out at the beginning of the day.

Matt
No way, did cain flop that thing on its lid again :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

·
Registered
1,701 Posts
Discussion Starter #45
Re: Re: CalRocks must have been good

fc187 said:

Hey Krusty, sorry you couldnt make it in:( that sux!
ya missed a bitchen BBQ :D rock dog style ;)
the wheeling was great! cool watching other people fu** their rigs up :D. They really had no idea they would have this kinda turn out. they only had 8 porta pottys:eek: I had to pinch a fat yam near the end of the day and all the shitters where filled to just under the rim:barf: I have never seen them topped off like that! all out of paper and ass gaskets.

There was 3 of us who video taped it. when we edit it all into one tape we will send one your way.

here is a few pics 4 ya :beer:
Dang sorry I missed the gig, Len. Not being there to do my fair share of food consumption sucks big time - letting the team down, and all:D Thanks for posting the pics.

Note to Rich for next year - more shitters and supplies, and a permit for more people! Sounds like Bob Roggy did a kick ass job of designing the course too, from the reports I've been hearing:nuke:

·
Registered
2,560 Posts
I had never been to one of these events before so I didn't really know what to expect. I had a good time and thought that the courses were well laid out and having everything close together and down in the gulley worked well because you could see a lot of action. As others have said I think that they were overwhelmed by the number of people and there was some confusion on courses things like that. Nothing shocking considering this is the first time this event has been held. I am suprised that no one was injured too because a lot of competitors came out of the gulley hard and fast.

There was a lot of breakage and a LOT of rollovers. Troy Muse, Kevin Carey, Brutus, and Alan from Crawltec were all out of the comp before too long. Mike S broke a knuckle, but that was rather late in the day.

I thought that the back-halfed FJ-40 that Bob Roggy built was the coolest rig there. It was SUPER sano. Alan's Cummins powered rig was cool too (if he didn't have fuel problems...) along with Grady's buggy, Mike Shaffer's Sami buggy, the Tri-County jeep (also super clean, every detail was addressed), and Jake's long wheelbase Samurai. That is just the tip of the iceberg too, there were so many trick vehicles. (You know that there are a lot of cool rigs when you don't even mention the SNORT buggies or the Sniper)

Chris Durham and Stacy Breckenridge were the crowd favorites though. Both of them made liberal use of the skinny pedal. :D

Attachments

·
Registered
8,868 Posts
Just got back home

Well I just got back home from a kick ass comp. I had to get out after running 4 courses dues to breakage. I managed to bend both my rear 1/4 ellip leafs, both my front springs to the point of breakage, my front spring plate bolts stripped out of the housing on my front 60. I managed to roll 3 different times, but I drove out of 2 of them. The comps were tight and sweet. Difinitly not built for a fullsize rig like mine. Pics to follow soon

Dimitri

·
Registered
1,328 Posts
The comp kicked ass.Thanks Cal Rocks you guys put on one good show hope to see it next year.Sorry for all you that missed out.The finals was even cooler.The pirate that ran had the smallest tire and lift and still was one crazy crowd pleaser. Pic will soon follow

·
Registered
2,920 Posts
10th Ron Kirby (Pirate of the Rubicon)
9th Dustin Emerick
8th Terry Sheetz
7th Grady McLoed
6th Jeremy Fabor
5th Jason Bunch
4th Jake Hallenbeck
3rd Chris Durham (JP Offroad)
2nd Mike Harmuth (JP Offroad)
1st Mike Shaffer

These should be the top 10, if i remember right

The guys fully got it today. Only 2 people made it completely thru my course, that was schaffer, and Mike from JP offroad. The picture of kevin Yoder on his side with the sami in the back ground was the only roll i had on mine course on saturday. Grady rolled pretty hard today, but that was it for my course

James

·
Registered
5,949 Posts
I also was turned away, would have been nice to know thier was a MAX limit on heads before headin up.
Luckily It was only an hour drive so I went home and had a few:beer: and planned an 7:00 entrance on sun.
Saw the chippers 6 different times on my two trips up their but thankfully I was stuck behind traffic all 6 times.

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
i am glad to hear that a lot of others got turned away as well

2.5 hours there, sat a while, then went home with a 2.5 hour drive home and 60 bucks in gas :(

41 - 55 of 55 Posts