Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok the first day is over. No idea on scores and the event ran late and I think a few people will have to finish first day runs the second day. These are some tough trails. I have not seen eny rid alongs even though it's worth 5 extra points. Roggy laid out some wild lines that were just crazy (and fun too). I hope to post scores tomorrow night after the event.

For now here are a few pics...

Attachments

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Kelly Clifford showed no fear and she drove off the edge of a huge cliff. I counted three complete rolls before she stopped. With a little minor work the rigs was back in action. Later a 44 axle let go killing the knuckle ball joints and took here out for the rest of the day. I have never seen a girl change an axle! Kelly gets it!

Attachments

·
Registered
281 Posts
Hey Chris, I know you don't have any scores but do you know how John Hall did today? Thanks. Looks like you and Walker had a fun time. Bryan.

·
Registered
6,971 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
SLO_Crawlers said:
Hey Chris, I know you don't have any scores but do you know how John Hall did today? Thanks. Looks like you and Walker had a fun time. Bryan.
We had a blast. The rocks beat the shit out of us! Walker needs a new driver side door now!

I did not see John run, but I did pass him on the access road and he said he broke a birfield. That's all I know.

·
Registered
7,592 Posts
i just got home, what a day, lots of great courses and action, im far to lazy and tired to upload any pics. tomorrwo starts at 630 am to finish up day one courses. jiMMy

·
Registered
6,946 Posts
Me too... :whew: Calrocs has a new 'thang' for this event. Calrocs Radio... We were broadcasting over loudspeakers and also on FM 93.3 on your radio dial. Somehow I ended up being the 'Voice of Calrocs' since the other prospect didn't show up. Even though I've never done any announcing before, I gave it my best shot. Got a lot of good feedback and no complaints so I guess I did ok. It's kinda tough to find things to talk about all friggin day long. It was ccccccold up there early in the morning and again late in the evening when the sun went down and the clouds and wind took over. Had a great crowd and some incredible action.

Thanks to 'Smart Ass' from the bb (real name Dane) and David for setting up the FM station and getting everything hooked up.

I came home to take care of some things but I'll be back up there in the morning and back on the air for the days events. Come up and watch the best of the best duke it out for the championships for the 2002 Calrocs season. This is the last event, you know. Don't miss out. Tomorrow is gonna be GREAT.... See ya up there.
Remember, 93.3 on your FM dial. You can pick me up all the way down in the parking lot...:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
441 Posts
poor Clifford Cruiser

Lance is going to have to get his own rig soon, Kelly needs it for herself:eek: Man I've never seen a chick do chit like this, must be one hella sight:D

·
Registered
483 Posts
more pics

heh, how can you NOT take a pic of Kelly but uh oh ... looks like a certain CRUZAH accessory is ... DENTED. OMG. Will we ever see kel alive again?

Here's one of you holding walker from going over Chris. I have more of walker when he put it on it's side and smoked out everyone :D

here's one for ya nick, had to add you cuz yer local.

Still not sure what to think about this 'creation.' I do believe he was one of only 2(??) to complete the very first TOUGH section on course 5(??). Still timed out overall tho. Pic from course 2.

Tracy Jorday, The only competitor of the day to complete this turn without taking a reverse penatly, course 2.

hmmm.... is that FB taking a nap? :flipoff2:

This pic doesn't do justice for that rock. The FB kept it dirty side down.

Scott
P.S. If anyone wants them fullsize or without the copyright, just pm me and I'll send them to you tomorrow(too tired tonight). Jimmy, I will upload the rest of the pics to my server tomorrow and then send ya the link and you can use whatever you to need to for your project.

1 - 20 of 40 Posts