Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After round one in 3 inches of rain we are ready for dry rocks. My hats off to all that attended Brownsvalley. With big rocks and big traction the Reno event promisses to bring the action. With less than 3 weeks to go its time to plan and make your reservations. We are working with the Sands Regency for discount rooms for those that are not camping on site. We will have a special code for that discount at the Sands for competitors and spectators alike and plan on a party Saturday night. I will post the code in this thread tomorrow. For those attending,quads and UTV's will not be allowed due to logistics, but we are making every effort to change that so stayed tuned. You will be notified via this thread if quads and UTV's will be allowed if that doesn't happen don't bring them they will sit on the trailer. With respect to the land owners all rules must be obeyed or you will get booted out no second chances. Security at this event for the most part will be handled by the land owner who and has no intention of letting anybody jeopardize their ability to put on future events due to somebody's inability to follow the rules, so please be respectful. We expect this event to top any event Kurtis and myself have put on to this date. When you get there, you'll see why. If you're planning on competiting, get your entry in soon (late fees will be enforced- contact me if you have a problem). We expect to have a big turn out of competitors and we don't plan on running into the night. At Browns Valley we had problems with competitors showing up Saturday unannounced, this put the whole event behind, we won't tollerate that this time. If you want to compete, and can't be there Friday, please make arrangements with myself, or plan on watching. It's not fair to all the other competitors or volunteers to hold the whole show up because you didn't want to make the proper arrangements. I am available by phone if you have issues and I'm more than willing to accomodate most of them. The entry forms are on the CalROCS website- so get them in, or make arrangements with me.

SANDS REGENCY DISCOUNT CODE Cal 529

Thanks!
Glenn Bonner
530-391-2580

·
Premium Member
11,333 Posts
Should be a good time for sure... though, did you get Tony K's reservation at the "other" plae to stay? :laughing:

I plan to be there again as long as my car's still in one piece after doing 500 miles in the desert memorial day weekend!

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I think I'll see about getting Tony K a discount at the alternate hotel. He does a great job and we so depend on him. Allthough we don't communate much between events were sure glad when he shows up as he allways has and handles the marshalling duties.

·
Premium Member
19,786 Posts
Going to a new location is going to be a blast!
I can't wait for this one!
I heard the alternate hotel has deals if you "Double up".... :laughing:

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
Im not sure but I heard there is some adult entertainment close by......:grinpimp:

But it might be just a rumor!!!!:flipoff2:

·
Registered
6,145 Posts
I heard Mike Shaffer might be competing in this one. Will we be seeing another Rock Ape/Shaffer challenge? :grinpimp:

·
Registered
4,367 Posts
I heard Mike Shaffer might be competing in this one. Will we be seeing another Rock Ape/Shaffer challenge? :grinpimp:
Really??? If this is true can we get a day pass for him and Walker from the "Old School" Crawlers retirement home??:laughing:

:flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
If you didn't compete in the Browns Valley event and plan on competing at Reno please post up or call me so I make sure I plan appropriately.

Thanks in advance

Glenn Bonner 530 620-7174 eves 530 391-2580 cell

·
Registered
2,977 Posts
Whats the deal with camping on site?

I dont know if I can afford a hotel for the weekend on top of fuel for 2k miles in the dodge. :eek:

·
16,231 Posts
I am bringing my entire street of neighbors up to this one so they can watch it!

I can't wait to see their faces when we pull up to the site! :laughing: I have not told them yet! :D

·
Registered
257 Posts
Team Trail Tough will be there with two cars in unlimited since the old car broke before the event in Browns Valley started Jason Antonucci will still be driving the old car and Brent and I will be in the other car.

·
Registered
8,128 Posts
Im not sure but I heard there is some adult entertainment close by......:grinpimp:

But it might be just a rumor!!!!:flipoff2:

:evil: I'm trying to get my new passport quick enough to make this.

Glen I'll give you a call.

·
Registered
2,059 Posts
Glen I am in for this event, probably in the supermod class, I am pretty sure Tilton already talked to you about it and possibly about the browns vally points thing as well:)

·
Premium Member
2,291 Posts
Glenn-
I don't think I'm the only that might possibly be confused. The event is outside of Reno NOT at the Sands...correct?
I've had a couple of people call me and ask if it was going to be the same courses the WEROCK is running in June....I thought it was being held outside of Reno? then I read this post and was confused because you alluded to the Sands.

Attachments

·
16,231 Posts
Glenn-
I don't think I'm the only that might possibly be confused. The event is outside of Reno NOT at the Sands...correct?
I've had a couple of people call me and ask if it was going to be the same courses the WEROCK is running in June....I thought it was being held outside of Reno? then I read this post and was confused because you alluded to the Sands.
Uhh...

Yeah. The location for CalROCS is NOT in downtown Reno where WE Rock will be held.

It's at a....ahh... "Ranch" outside of Reno.

·
Registered
185 Posts
Glen I am in for this event, probably in the supermod class, I am pretty sure Tilton already talked to you about it and possibly about the browns vally points thing as well:)
Theres and 84" minimum outside tire to tire. Are you sure you dont mean the pro mod class?

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
Theres and 84" minimum outside tire to tire. Are you sure you dont mean the pro mod class?
Do you want us to measure you too???:flipoff2:

Travis is way too scared of the pro-mod class....then again.....so are you, and the rest of the buggie "super-mods":lmao:

·
Premium Member
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
CalROCS Reno event is not downtown Reno it is 10 miles east on highway 80 at the Patrick exit stay right and follow the signs. We are working with the Sands Regency for group rate rooms. There is a group code that is nesesary for the group rate, it is Cal 529 Rooms are $60 friday & saturday nights. We plan on having a party at the Sands Sat evening. Hope to see you there.

Remember Discount Code Cal 529

Thanks Glenn Bonner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts