Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
6,129 Posts
Lance, they were the same courses in that the start and end gates were the same. There were essentially two courses in between, one for Pro/Unlimited and one for stock with some shared gates. Bonus points were given to the stock guys that made the Pro/Unlimited gates. There were also bonus gates that counted for bonus points for all classes if they were completed, these were not on every course tho.

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I thought the courses were pretty brutal for the stock class. Altough we only ran 35" tires in the PROMOD. Bob did a cool job building them. We had a bad day for axles and tires on saturday.

·
Super Moderator
17,783 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
KYODER said:
I thought the courses were pretty brutal for the stock class.
They may have been brutal, but Cody and Kevin sure did get good scores (much lower than pro mod's best scores) so that's why I was askin' about the courses. Sounds like it was fun. Too bad I had to miss out. :(

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
I watched Kevin H. a couple of times and he was not making any mistakes. They had to drive all of the same tough spots as the rest of us. There were a couple of gates that were tough for the pro-mods, that the stocks didn't have to do. Not the terrain just the turning. Narrow rigs had a big advantage at this event. KUDOS to the winners.

·
Premium Member
7,489 Posts
Most of us (if not all of us) thought that the courses were set up a little tough for the stock mod group. Hell, how many rollovers did we have?? Cody, twice, Matt, twice, Jeff, twice, Mike, once. Kevin would have if his spotter hadn't been standing there, and Becca came real slose a couple of times :eek:

I mean come on, they want us to have full bodies, they want us to have minimal body damage (its in the rules:rolleyes: ), and they want us to run these courses:rolleyes: . I know a lot of guys that aren't planning on running the rest of the Cal Rocs series because they can't afford to keep replacing bady panels after everyevent.

I don't mean to sound like a whinner, but come on, we don't all have big time sponsers, and full tube buggies that can roll over, and not get damaged.

Brian--

·
Registered
1,950 Posts
I was there as a spectator, and I have to agree, the course was brutal on the stock mod class. Out of the many roll overs, the cages were really put to the test on all vehicles. I saw alot of caved in tubes and cracked welds (Camo could probably attest to that).

·
Registered
617 Posts
Lance said:

They may have been brutal, but Cody and Kevin sure did get good scores (much lower than pro mod's best scores) so that's why I was askin' about the courses. Sounds like it was fun. Too bad I had to miss out. :(
Thats why I moved up to pro-mod, those guys in stock class are too good:flipoff2: :D

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
The courses were tough which was good, but the biggest thing that could of been changed was the time limit for pro mod. 10 minutes was to short for the hardness and the length of each couse. It caused teams to rush and thrash to try and complete in the time limits causing more roles and body/tube damage then if they had a bit more time to manuver. The stock guys got together and had a meeting and they changed them to 15 for sunday. Only the top few were making thru the finish gates with seconds to spare and having to baja to barely make it. Alot of the 40 were time outs.

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
whaaa whaaa whaaa the coarses were to hard whaaa whaaa we got body damage whaa whaa whaa we didn't have enough time whaa whaa

Its a fawkin rockcrawling competition what the hell do you all expect???

Crybabys:rolleyes:

·
Registered
4,719 Posts
I though the coarses were designed to be hard on the unlimited guys and brutal on anything less. I saw allot of very good drivers with damm godd rigs get 40 after 40 due to time for the most part but dificulty since they can't just 4 wheel steer wherever they want to be.
Look at the score cards and they will tell the truth.
These are all Pro Mod scores only
Coarse 1a) 2 people finished it with less than 40
Coarse 2a) 7
Coarse 3a) 1 person finished it
Coarse 4a) 1 again
Coarse 5a) 5
Good news is that day 2's coarses were much more doable and the scores show it. I just think that the coarse shouldn't be set up for the unlimited class like they seem to be. Let the unlimiteds battle over the bonuses or more gates to drive through. I sure as hell wouldn't want to screw the unlimiteds and discurage people from entering that class because it is the class I go to watch not some due in a TJ in the stock class.
I thought that the bonus gates were bitchen though!

·
Registered
1,048 Posts
cowmooflage said:

You sir, are a dipshit:rolleyes:
No I am not. I do not go to rockcrawling events and come back crying they were hard. These events are for the best.In both skill and equipment. It would be the same if the guys down here at the local race track went to the Daytona 500 and came back crying about how fast the other guys were. As for the roll overs and body damage that is to be expected.I have said it before and I will say it again pro stock is waste of time and money.

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
GPN Family said:

No I am not. I do not go to rockcrawling events and come back crying they were hard. These events are for the best.In both skill and equipment. It would be the same if the guys down here at the local race track went to the Daytona 500 and came back crying about how fast the other guys were. As for the roll overs and body damage that is to be expected.I have said it before and I will say it again pro stock is waste of time and money.
Do you like spectating at the competitions? There will be no competitions if no one can afford to compete because after every event major repairs need to be competed. There may be a dozen teams that can afford major repairs after each event.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
GPN Family said:

I have said it before and I will say it again pro stock is waste of time and money.
Pro stock? Which class is that? Stock mod, or Pro modified?

I watched Sunday, (although I cant verify it vs. Sat) the courses seemed tough but reasonable, but by no means easy.

1 - 20 of 48 Posts