Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well I talked my brother (www.kozoffroad.com) into helping me weld on some Fender flares last weekend and this is what we came up with. I had him make me the Inner Fenders/tube structure several years ago but I've wanted to add flares for about the last year. We also made some trail corners with tube fenders for the rear of my Jeep.

Just thought I'd share these pics before I go rub all the paint off wheelin :flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,773 Posts
Rear just tie into tub/welded to sheet metal?

Great job on the hood/fenders!!

-Joe

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
GiS said:
Rear just tie into tub/welded to sheet metal?

Great job on the hood/fenders!!

-Joe
Rear are 3/16" thick trail corners with fender flares welded on, then bolted onto tub....I was to lazy/in a rush to pull them off and paint so the stainless bolts got painted right over top, gotta wheeling trip coming up and no time to work on it. I'll pay the price by having to pull it all apart sand blast and paint.

you gotta look real close to see the countersunk bolt heads....bottom picture there's some reflection from the flash that you can see them a little.

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
that's bad, is KOZ gonna be selling those??

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
mongrel said:
that's bad, is KOZ gonna be selling those??
thanks, I dig it alot.

at this point I don't know that he has any plans for mass producing them but it is a custom fab shop so if you wanted some he could definetly make you a set

·
Registered
522 Posts
Discussion Starter #12 (Edited)
geberhard said:
Pretty cool! What is teh deal with the dead chicken tied to the front hoop :D JK. came out pretty clean!
chicken, close but no . We found it in the bush and seeing as how I'm not a doctor and neither are my stupid friends someone thought it was a skull so we all went with it and called it a skull and mounted it to the front. When we got home my mother-in-law said it looked like a pelvis....which it is a pelvis from an elk. It makes for a sweet mask!

·
Registered
823 Posts
how do yo like the rubber inner fenders... I have heard complaints from others

·
Registered
1,062 Posts
akozman said:
I agree, but I'd rather have what's hidden behind them :D , god I can't get her picture out of my head, but who would want to?
Yeah that is the main reason he bought those ones. GOOD MARKETING

·
Registered
1,258 Posts
what am I missing? What is hiding?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts