Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A LITTLE BIT OF WRENCH WORK AND ALOT OF HELP FROM ROCKY-ROAD OUTFITTERS. I AM GETTING READY TO DO THE YJ CONVERSION AND THEN IT WILL FLEX A LITTLE BETTER:eek: :mad:

·
Registered
600 Posts
I think it looks good ....good pattern not too much of one color

·
Registered
1,874 Posts
I like it. I am toying with the idea of a desert camo job. What paint did you use?

P.S. Wanna trade seats? :D Those look nice.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
cammo

i used the krylon cammo system, you can get it at walmart, just spray it in the order it says on the can and you dont have to tape anything off, it lays over nice without overspray.. the seats i got for 20 bucks from a junk yard out of a 98 probe gt... very comfy

·
Registered
4,495 Posts
Looks good, I did the desert camo job on my old Zuk, went down to the army surplus, got a desert camo bandana, about 10 cans of paint and went to work. I dont have a clear side shot, but used 4 colors: Tan, Brown, Black & White. Here's an OK shot, there was more pattern on the doors & hood, I'll try & dig up another old shot & scan it.

Attachments

·
Registered
81 Posts
looks good, well done. I was toying with snow cammoing mine....

·
Registered
262 Posts
The CUCV grille is the real thing, I had to cut and reweld both ends to decrease the width. The mil tires are off of a M151 mutt. I flipped them around backwards to give some increased stance. Flipping them gives you zero inches back spacing, plus the 1.25" spacers. After adding the 5" lift the samurai was fricken scary to take a corner on. 700x16 Mil tread actually works real well on rocks, and mud of course. Engine is too tired to motate my 33x13.50 bajas right now. I'm thinking the 1.6 with TBI I'm planning to drop in will help.

Any one know if the stock samurai exhaust will bolt up to a 1.6L with an engine adapter? Not ready for a header yet.

·
Registered
908 Posts
Donald_R said:
Any one know if the stock samurai exhaust will bolt up to a 1.6L with an engine adapter? Not ready for a header yet.
Yup.
You just have to do a little 'clearancing' where the tube bends around the cat heat shield... mine rattled until I took a crowbar to it.

1 - 20 of 50 Posts