Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of a new paint shceme for my cruiser, and I have been debating the camo idea. I have pretty good paint on her right now, but my front fenders are hosed, so back to the drawing board.
let me know what you think

1) desert camo~ would be good since my cruiser is already tan, and I live in the desert.. but would make it harder to find after a few beers :D

2) woodland or O.D~ I get lots of ideas for this one since I live near a military base

3) urban~ (greyscale) would go good with my black rockcrawlers :D

4) snow~ I haven't really thought of that one much

5) anything not listed above

anyone have any cool ideas? I' planning on getting some beer, scuffing it down, and bombing it :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,758 Posts
the snow camo paint job is pretty bad ass. Cruzila has a snow camo paint job and it rules. Woody had his pic on www.ih8mud.com but he changed it. Maybe you can get hime to dig up the picture.

Travis

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
urban night!!!!! black , white, grey and purple....:D

other than that i would go with desert camo with small amount of black in it not the new one... it would be alot cooler ( as in temp) than the others send pics before and after go to the surplus store and get a bandana then use a picture projector to put it on "trace" it did that on a j**p once looked really good

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I like the 55 camo, but it looks like he used a medium-gloss paint for it. I have seen that snow camo one on woody's site... it was swweeet! I'm going to take plenty of pics before I get to painting it..
I have a buddy that used to do the vehicle painting for the army, and he filled me in on alot of the secrets to thier painting. I'm going to head to the surplus store next week and see what they got for paint :D

giraffe job would be cool!! post some pics if you do it... I love that safari look :D

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
hero of the day said:
I like the 55 camo, but it looks like he used a medium-gloss paint for it. I have seen that snow camo one on woody's site... it was swweeet! I'm going to take plenty of pics before I get to painting it..

if you want more pics of the 55 just let me know, I took them from all angles.

I have a buddy that used to do the vehicle painting for the army, and he filled me in on alot of the secrets to thier painting. I'm going to head to the surplus store next week and see what they got for paint :D

giraffe job would be cool!! post some pics if you do it... I love that safari look :D
We were watching the Fox show Man Vrs Beast last week and Connie and I both looked at each other and said....YEP the 55 is getting the giraffe colors.....it's gonna be her project, let ya know if/when it gets done.

I kinda like this one on the 80.....

John H

Attachments

·
Registered
2,404 Posts
John, a few years ago one of the commercial 4x4 rags had a feature on the Easter Jeep Safari and in it were some VERY COOL pics of a mid-90's Cherokee with a beige-and-brown giraffe pattern...it was SWEET! I'm almost positive it was 4WD&SU, I'll have to flip through some old rags and see if I can find the pics.

·
Registered
3,527 Posts
60seriesguy said:
... pics of a mid-90's Cherokee with a beige-and-brown giraffe pattern......
That guy is local here in SLC, there are a few other Giraffe ones around here as well...

I would go with the Urban Camo, any other camo and you will get alot of "I betcha that there truck is great for huntin', them animals won't even see ya' comin" (In my best ******* voice:D )

Just my opinion..;)

·
Registered
552 Posts
My cruiser is desert camo , I think its cool. I have a picture of three cruisers in a line 3 different camos. Anyone wanna post it for me?

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
60seriesguy said:
John, a few years ago one of the commercial 4x4 rags had a feature on the Easter Jeep Safari and in it were some VERY COOL pics of a mid-90's Cherokee with a beige-and-brown giraffe pattern...it was SWEET! I'm almost positive it was 4WD&SU, I'll have to flip through some old rags and see if I can find the pics.
Henry, If you or anyone else finds some pics of a girafee pattern on a Cruiser(or anything) I would like to see em.

So much for my original idea:(

John

·
Registered
4,312 Posts
TTURokToy said:
I like this camo paint job.

and that will blend in.....where? ;)

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
Landpimp said:

dusk or dawn on top of a hill :D :beer:

cheers kling-on

·
Registered
1,732 Posts
Landpimp said:

Hades??:flipoff2:

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
60seriesguy said:
Landpimp said:

Mexican brothel?

and how would you know young man ...
(said in your moms voice):rolleyes:

your a cruzer head ... we couldn't tell :p

·
Premium Member
5,906 Posts
Snow or Urban?

Alright, here it is but if you steal it I'll have to kill ya;)

Attachments

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
man, and I thought the giraffe camo could have been a good original one!
I went to wally world yesterday and picked up some of thier paint chip papers, and they have some really good colors that could be used for an urban job. I think I'm going to go with a more non-traditional camo, like the urban, urban night, or sky-blue camo (light blue, dark blue, and black) :D anybody know if these good exterior paints could be used for something like this? I want to go with something that can be mixed and tinted.... then I can get some colors nobody else would ever try and duplicate :flipoff2:

I heard of some people using stuff like this, but how long would it hold up?

cheers

·
Registered
2,988 Posts
hero of the day said:
man, and I thought the giraffe camo could have been a good original one!
I went to wally world yesterday and picked up some of thier paint chip papers, and they have some really good colors that could be used for an urban job. I think I'm going to go with a more non-traditional camo, like the urban, urban night, or sky-blue camo (light blue, dark blue, and black) :D anybody know if these good exterior paints could be used for something like this? I want to go with something that can be mixed and tinted.... then I can get some colors nobody else would ever try and duplicate :flipoff2:

I heard of some people using stuff like this, but how long would it hold up?

cheers
saw one that used house paint once the brush strokes looked weird... i would use auto paint and a small spray gun with out taped edges looks better start with the lighter coluors and work your way up a good paint shop can mix any thing you want

1 - 20 of 35 Posts