Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Some of you may have followed my RV story in chit chat.

Basically I have a 32' Moho that needs some uniqueness added.

I wanted to do it all flat black but that is just to much. So I have settled on a desert sand and flat black motif.

My question is. What paint to use. I don't think I want to use a real mil-spec carc paint but then again I am clueless and figured you guys can steer me in the best direction.

I found a Rust-oleum flat Khaki I like but of course it doesn't come in gallons.

So doing some net searching I found the Kyrlon brand but need to go find an Ace store and see if I like the color.
http://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/(1uom5wzlh3wyyn45n2l3s355)/ProductDetails.aspx?SKU=998006899

Here is my favorite rendition of what I am hoping for :smokin:
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/showthread.php?t=776412&highlight=motorhome

Attachments

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Just to be clear.

I am asking for recommendations on a brand of flat desert sand or Khaki in gallons.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
oh and I have not only the OK but am being encouraged by the lady friend to add and element to the design. :smokin:

Attachments

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
Go to a parts store that sells paint. Tell them what color you want and them them you want it in a cheap acrylic ennamel. Its a one part paint that is tough and should be easy to work with. It is commonly used on tractors.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go to a parts store that sells paint. Tell them what color you want and them them you want it in a cheap acrylic ennamel. Its a one part paint that is tough and should be easy to work with. It is commonly used on tractors.
so you are saying that instead of getting specific advise from my friends here on Pirate4x4 who have first hand experiance with all sorts of brands and camo painting experiance I should go to auto-zone and rely on some 17 year old pimple face stonner for my paint tech ? ya thats great :laughing:

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I Think you should stick with the flat black, that would look sick! Murder that fawker out!
Honestly that is what I wanted but I just don't think a huge murdered out flat black moho is gonna be that neat of a theme.

I am thinking more of a mad max goes to Iraq kinda look

·
Registered
2,969 Posts
so you are saying that instead of getting specific advise from my friends here on Pirate4x4 who have first hand experiance with all sorts of brands and camo painting experiance I should go to auto-zone and rely on some 17 year old pimple face stonner for my paint tech ? ya thats great :laughing:
No, go to a real parts store.

My place uses DuPont. Do you need me to go look up the code for you?

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No, go to a real parts store.

My place uses DuPont. Do you need me to go look up the code for you?

there are no more real parts stores in this neck of the woods that I am aware of. just Auto zones and the like :( well a few old napa stores with inventory so old it is rusty. :laughing:

·
Registered
898 Posts
Just to be clear.

I am asking for recommendations on a brand of flat desert sand or Khaki in gallons.

Camo, for color reference....

my rig I had w/ me at KOH was Krylon desert camo colors (Khaki, medium brown, and brown)

--Berne

·
Paying for others
1,611 Posts
Honestly that is what I wanted but I just don't think a huge murdered out flat black moho is gonna be that neat of a theme.

I am thinking more of a mad max goes to Iraq kinda look
Ahh but with the right adornments it would flow welll I think. I wish I knew how to photoshop, I could put up some ideas. I have always wanted a murdered moho!

·
Registered
7,959 Posts
Desert MARPAT would be sick

edit by camo.... keep the pics on Pirate4x4 800x800 max size please please

How much would you estimate you would need? I might be able to talk with some friends in motor-t....

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Desert MARPAT would be sick

indeed it would be. but I have already picked a paint scheme, I am looking for help with what brand of paint to use and where to get it . see post #2 :smokin:

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
painted the front quarter panel today with rattle cans to see if I liked the paint scheme.

·
Registered
949 Posts
I'm using krylon to do the desert marpat on the rig, but it a grant total of like 40 square feet. Tractor supplys enamal is almost indestructible, and easy to spray but I don't know if they have your color. I also like ppg with their flattening agent. Its the best paint IMHO but its spendy.

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
edit: Oh, and I vote that you fly Doc out to stencil skulls all over the fucker :D

Doc,

Your ticket will be waiting at the airport counter. :smokin:

You can even hide a few cocks in the scheme :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 62 Posts