Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 234 Posts

·
Premium Member
30,419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
here is my delimia

now that i have these phat axles i need a new project. i have the new chassis being designed and i am starting to think that my current 4.3 with mild mods is just not enuff power. so here is what i am considering but i am open to all ideas

1. stroking my current 4.3 to build a 5.0 aprox hp 250

2. northstar v8

3. ramjet 350

oh what to do......

·
Premium Member
15,352 Posts
The ramjet!!!!

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
All horsepower takes is money so that should be no problem... What is the target weight?

There a quite a few options... If weight is a concern don't even look at the 350.

·
Registered
1,754 Posts
How about one of these

Attachments

·
Wish it was my job!
2,106 Posts
what happened to the two extra cylinders you swapped onto your 4.3?

A stroker V6 would be cool... light weight power is always cool.

I think that ITSA has the right line though, how much do you want your 250 hp to weigh?

·
Registered
2,912 Posts
I second this one:
Remember, the Viper engine is aluminum block, and about the weight of a small block. The Ram truck is iron block, aluminum heads.

If you don't want V10 power, then a RamJet 502.

If you don't want BB power, then RamJet 350.

·
Registered
11,076 Posts
I would do the northstar!

With a little work they are killer! I think with just a new computer and some headers they make over 350hp. They are a lot lighter than the ramjet too. They also have like a 7000rpm redline :) That would be way fun in the dunes...

I am going to use one...so figure everything out for me! :flipoff2:
I have some info if you want I can post it or PM me.

·
Premium Member
12,214 Posts
5.0 ford is the litest V8 of the cast iron V8's its like 285.

But I am Sure Camo is thinking exotic...

·
Premium Member
1,842 Posts
hey camo have you thought about picking up a junkyard 5.0 there pretty damn cheap and spending some money on it. im building one now, the expected outcome is 325-350 hp (might be more) on air and a 125 shot of the good chit for good measure.

just a thought cause i know crate motors are expensive. and you can bolt a c4 or 6 or an aod behind it (aod if its built right for your crazy ass)

muahahah :flipoff2:

·
Registered
4,797 Posts
International 392, about a .25 horse power to weight ratio. Plenty of weight to stress that front axle. :flipoff2:

1 - 20 of 234 Posts