Pirate 4x4 banner

141 - 160 of 990 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
cant find a fire map. Is Graham Rd gone? How about Woodsdale Lane?

My moms family all retired in Paradise so there is alot of family history there. So chitty
Anyone?

·
Registered
273 Posts
As much as that doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things, it kind of shows how bad it is. That thing is what? 130 years old?
Exactly. It's on the national registry and every fire in the area, they send units to protect it.

But if the fire has burned down that side of the canyon, and the bridge? it's making it to Chico. At least the city limits, if not structures within chico.

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
I swam between there and the diversion dam back in the early 1960's, this area will never be the same after this fire.

Lots of memories of that bridge on a dark Saturday night.

no more pancake breakfasts!!

As much as that doesn't matter much in the grand scheme of things, it kind of shows how bad it is. That thing is what? 130 years old?

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts

·
Registered
624 Posts
Another major spot fire at Coutelenc and Skyway just now. Can't hold containment. This is crazy. Mandatory evacs east of Coutelenc Road now

·
Registered
12,604 Posts
Another major spot fire at Coutelenc and Skyway just now. Can't hold containment. This is crazy. Mandatory evacs east of Coutelenc Road now
It's been evacuated, but ya, I heard that. They don't think they will be able to hold the road once the fire reaches it.

·
Registered
12,604 Posts
That gave me the alergies. Praying for all you involved.
It's literally like the whole town. That vid was Clark road, which is right through the middle of town.

Even if my house is still there, I'm not sure what we will do. All the grocery stores are gone, all the schools are gone, restaurants, ect. Jesus. I'm not sure if the town will ever recover.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wish I had better news for everyone.
Wish no one needed maps like this.

Yesterday (Thursday) at about 6pm there was an infrared overflight of the #Campfire in northern California. Fire staff analyzed that data and determined the fire perimeter as of that time. Based on that data staff also determined that 54,586 acres have been burned so far.

Below is a link that starts GISsurfer and displays that perimeter and related data. The “Legend” link is in the upper left corner along with a “Map tips” link to help you get the most benefit from the map. The map has multiple GIS layers you can turn on/off and restack.

Open GISsurfer map:
https://mappingsupport.com/p2/gissurfer.php?center=39.757890,-121.543452&zoom=11&basemap=ESRI_aerial_firefly&overlay=ESRI_roads_and_labels,VIIRS_24_hours,MODIS_24_hours&txtfile=https://mappingsupport.com/p2/special_maps/disaster/USA_wildland_fire.txt&fire=CA,Camp

·
Registered
187 Posts
Anyone know about down by Bruce? My sister bro inlaw and nephew got mandatory evacuated around 8 pm and I haven't heard from her since. Fuck these fires. Everyone stay safe

·
Registered
2,197 Posts
Came down off my mountain to get fuel for muh generator on the way back up the hill I made it past 2 checkpoints but the 3rd has me parked until a supervisor gets here.

Damm these fires.

141 - 160 of 990 Posts