Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So its been a while. Last time I drove through, I stayed at the Springs. However, my favorite camping has always been at Spider. Am I correct in that they no longer allow camping there? How about on the slabs behind the Box? What's on and what's off limits? Website or something that I can check? Cruising up on Saturday and would really love to find a place to crash the night that is not party central :flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
So its been a while. Last time I drove through, I stayed at the Springs. However, my favorite camping has always been at Spider. Am I correct in that they no longer allow camping there? How about on the slabs behind the Box? What's on and what's off limits? Website or something that I can check? Cruising up on Saturday and would really love to find a place to crash the night that is not party central :flipoff2:
You cannot camp at the lake itself like the old days, but you can camp uphill on the slabs next to Little Sluice. There is a line of carsonites (red plastic posts) that you have to stay below. You can also camp up at the top of sluice by Thousand Dollar Hill on the slabs which is an easy walk (200 yards) from the east side of the lake.

·
"All Weeee Drive!"
12,033 Posts
You cannot camp at the lake itself like the old days, but you can camp uphill on the slabs next to Little Sluice. There is a line of carsonites (red plastic posts) that you have to stay below. You can also camp up at the top of sluice by Thousand Dollar Hill on the slabs which is an easy walk (200 yards) from the east side of the lake.
Are you sure about the camping?

I realize vehicle parking is limitted/must be next to the trail. (so yeah, you can't drive up to a campsite by the lake like in the old days).

But I thought you could camp anywhere in that area (minus the private property section).

·
Premium Member
4,730 Posts
Are you sure about the camping?

I realize vehicle parking is limitted/must be next to the trail. (so yeah, you can't drive up to a campsite by the lake like in the old days).

But I thought you could camp anywhere in that area (minus the private property section).
Holy cow...yeah you're right. I knew what I was thinking but wrote it incorrectly.

Yes, you can camp anywhere in the forest, you just can't go above the carsonites with your vehicle.

Thanks for the correction.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts