So do I..

Mine just runs off of my truck...

:flipoff2:

·
Registered
3,630 Posts
Jason M said:
yeah... propane is where it is at ;)

ok, getting back on topic ill aggree with jason on this one. for a fuel system that dosent care wether its upside down or not propane is the best choice.. anytime you guys want to wheel in the sierras pm me. im in... we're headed up sat morning to run bald in the snow again before it melts. meeting in shaver at 8:00am at the resturant just past dinkey creek road on the right... im going back to work...

chris :cool2:

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
I might come up just ot get my beer..

That was Very cool BTW chris :smokin:

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
I run a holley on my rig, you can tune them to run pretty good. Mine will run at damn near any angle. On its side, sitting on the tailgate with no oil pressure, etc. That said it will never perform as well as FI or propane.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
RCKRATZ said:
I run a holley on my rig, you can tune them to run pretty good. Mine will run at damn near any angle. On its side, sitting on the tailgate with no oil pressure, etc. That said it will never perform as well as FI or propane.

What modifications are necessary to get it to run that well? I'd like to be able to afford fuel injection- but that's not happening any time soon... and propane interests me- except for the frequent refilling. so for now I'll dink with the Holley. Thanks, Luke

·
Registered
941 Posts
You know what's great about holley carbs?....they fit in any garbage can :D

Seriously, I've never seen anyone have luck with those carbs for wheeling anything steep or off camber.

How are your brakes? Better be in good shape cause that carbs gonna kill your motor when you need it the most. Been there, done that and it sucks!

Not trying to be a butt here...just trying to keep you from getting into a bad situation.

·
Premium Member
3,919 Posts
mine has the offroad needle & seat. Run the fuel levels pretty low. Extended vent tubes, etc. etc. Mine will damn near run at any angle.

Been flopped over lying on its side and I have to shut it off. Been sitting on the tailgate idleing away, etc. In the last few months I have run Sledge, Jack, Outer Limits, Wrecking Ball, Clawhammer, and Lower & Upper Big Johnson at the Hammers and didnt have a carb issue on any one of them. Even cleared the waterfall on Wrecking Ball 93" wheelbase and all. :D

·
Registered
10,444 Posts
Tankota said:
You know what's great about holley carbs?....they fit in any garbage can :D

Seriously, I've never seen anyone have luck with those carbs for wheeling anything steep or off camber.

How are your brakes? Better be in good shape cause that carbs gonna kill your motor when you need it the most. Been there, done that and it sucks!

Not trying to be a butt here...just trying to keep you from getting into a bad situation.
My old holley worked wonders..
Never say all of them are garbage.

The pane works better tho..

21 - 30 of 30 Posts