Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Guys, I am sure most could care less about my situation and this has nothing to do with tech, but I need some help in a bad way and I thought this may be my best bet. Long story short is I need a set of beadlocks in a bad way, I sold my old MRW's (regret it now) and I have been screwed 7 ways from Sunday since. I will leave out the vendor names, in hopes this thread will not be viewed as a bash and deleted.

I had 2 seperate sets of KMC's wheels from a PBB vendor, none of them would hold air. They all leaked around the drilled and tapped 2nd stem that is supplied. Total time for that ordeal was 5 weeks. I ended up sending all 8 wheels back on their dime and was credited back for my purchase. The vendor was A+ to deal with, this was a manufacturing problem. I have heard that because of my issues and those of others, they have know eliminated the 2nd vavle stem on the tires. Great for others, not for me.

I ordered a set of Walker Evan's from a PBB vendor to replace those on 2/6. Fast forward 5 weeks to yesterday, and my order has not even been confirmed. Which basically means my wheels have not even been machined yet, and ordering and PAYING 5 weeks ago did me no good. I feel the vendor and the manufacturer are both to blame here, but I don't know who dropped the ball.

So there you have it, 10 weeks, 3 missed rides and more to come, and still no wheels. My plea to PBB is that if any person/vendor has a set of wheels sitting on the shelf or can get some to me in 2 weeks or less please post up or PM me. I wanted a set of aluminum lock to replace my old MRW's, but at this point I don't care what I get as long as it is a beadlock wheel in 2 weeks or less. I don't want to shell out a fortune either, I was only able to get the WE's because the vendor had such a great price on them. I need the following specs:

17x8 or 8.5
8 Lug
4.5" BS or close to it

If anybody can help please let me know. I would greatly appreciate it.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks guys and thanks to Dan for the PM and to Mike at B&T Fab for their willingness to help me out. I have thought about the weld on steel locks, but being short on time and not having the skills to do that myself, puts me in the same boat. I have also thought about the stauns with normal wheels, but I really want the toughness of a lock ring.

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Have to run to a meeting, but wanted to give props to Mike at Bent and Twisted Fab for helping a brother out! Set of TR HD Cast wheels on the way to me. Cannot say thank you enough. Mike is a stand up guy! Restored my faith in the 4wd vendor community!!!!!

·
Registered
526 Posts
I feel the vendor and the manufacturer are both to blame here, but I don't know who dropped the ball.
I can't pretend to know the rest the rest of the story here, but I can say that Walker Evans has had some long lead times lately (and 5 to 6 weeks is definitely not unheard of), making it difficult for any of their vendors to supply then in a timely manner.

·
Registered
3,521 Posts
Good to see you got it figured out Matt---esp. without turning into a bash thread. Very professional way to handle it and now you got some wheels going your way :grinpimp:

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Look up Goforth tires in Seveirville, TN. He has lots of wheels in stock and should be able to get to Bham in no time.

Toddy
Tried that, left it out of my saga. I ordered through a PBB vendor and they had the Allied Monsters sitting in the TN warehouse ready to ship. Told me 1-2 days on truck freight from TN to AL (I mean the states border each other for crying out loud). Day 5 they had still not shipped, so I cancelled cause I was paying a premium to make a ride and it did not happen. My order with Mike today was the 4th time I paid for a set of wheels in the last 10 weeks. Awesome I know

·
Registered
2,788 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thanks again to all the vendors that contacted me, I apprciate knowing you care enough to help somebody in a shitty situation out.

I cannot say enough about Mike at Bent & Twisted and Trail Ready, I sent him a PM last night on our local forums which he is a member, and within 30 minutes of TR opening on the West Coast he had placed the order and confirmed the specs with me. They are being drilled tommorrow and shipped on Monday, and they cost less than the WE's. Talk about service :D

I have still ot heard from my WE vendor and they have been open for almost 2hours on the west coast. Like I said I had to phone stalk the vendor and WE to finally get an answer, so I was not pleased on either end.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts