Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking at welders and have read & heard from many happy miller 210 owners but I would like to know before I have one shipped can I do any better for the money? I am certainly no pro welder but i need the capacity of the 210 and have not much experiance with any of those size welders?

·
Registered
1,624 Posts
If you can justifey the $ for a 255 then go for it, I could not so I went with a 210. I found a place that sold it to me for the same price as everywhere else but there price was out the door with a bottle, wire, cover & tax so they saved me about $300 easy.

·
Registered
4,737 Posts
Just a quick note for Cyberweld if you're buying stuff... VERY nice to deal with.. I just bought my welder today, and they are informed and courteous.. and their prices are good too!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Cyberweld was the first place I looked and have not been able to beat there price except for someone selling a few on ebay doing the buy it now option, but even then I can only save $30 both do free shipping.

·
Registered
1,707 Posts
You need the capacity of the 210? Just what are you going to be welding on? I myself bought the Millermatic185 about 3 years ago....like the power of it....and I doubt I will outgrow it anytime soon. I wish it was a bit more portable and lighter. I have been eyeballing the Hobart 175 as a balance between portability and power.

·
Registered
146 Posts
Brad,

I talked to my g/f's dad and he said that guy still has the welder and that its blue in color so you know what that means, its Miller Time. He said its a big SOB

We can go check it out tomorrow if you want. $1500 welder and bottle.

Later,

·
Registered
4,072 Posts
I've got the 185 and love it.....the 210 is it's sibling and is a very capable welder, and will do 99+% of everything you need. The only real reason to step up would be if you were a high production shop and using it constantly. The 175 is adequate for most users but can be a bit light on rare occasions.

I'm biased a bit towards Miller products...their manufacturing facility is in town and one of my good friends is their International Mig Products Manager...

·
Registered
1,981 Posts
I had the same quandry. I opted to just be done with it... And bought the MM251. It's twice the machine my capabilities can handle, but I'll grow into it. You can never have TOO much welder, if it's quality and you can properly control it.

Also got mine through Cyberweld, VERY nice people to deal with. One note though, call them and order it in person, check out where the Hobart/Miller depot is they will be drop shipping from. I found that the were shipping from a place 5 miles from my house, asked if I could go there to get it, and they let me pick up my new welder the SAME DAY. No tax, no shipping, you can't beat that.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
ZUK said:
You need the capacity of the 210? Just what are you going to be welding on? I myself bought the Millermatic185 about 3 years ago....like the power of it....and I doubt I will outgrow it anytime soon. I wish it was a bit more portable and lighter. I have been eyeballing the Hobart 175 as a balance between portability and power.
I have done a lot of 3/8 and some 1/2. I have been using a Hobart 175 (it's not mine)and am happy with the results but I don't want to outgrow anything so I like to go big.

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
DynamicCrawler said:
Brad,

I talked to my g/f's dad and he said that guy still has the welder and that its blue in color so you know what that means, its Miller Time. He said its a big SOB

We can go check it out tomorrow if you want. $1500 welder and bottle.

Later,

Sounds good to me!!!

·
Registered
1,737 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
bluesman2a said:
I had the same quandry. I opted to just be done with it... And bought the MM251. It's twice the machine my capabilities can handle, but I'll grow into it. You can never have TOO much welder, if it's quality and you can properly control it.

Also got mine through Cyberweld, VERY nice people to deal with. One note though, call them and order it in person, check out where the Hobart/Miller depot is they will be drop shipping from. I found that the were shipping from a place 5 miles from my house, asked if I could go there to get it, and they let me pick up my new welder the SAME DAY. No tax, no shipping, you can't beat that.
I'd buy the 251 if I could swing it but I really don't need it that bad and don't want to put that big a strain on the ole wallet.

Thanks for the info guys

·
Registered
438 Posts
is the 210 enough no you need the invision 456p by miller 460v 565amps @60% duty cycle. Man of course the 210 will sufice what are building cars for mark martin.nothing on your rig is even 1/2 inch & if it is its overkill(execpt maybe your axle tubes) ive got the 175 miller &it kicks ass.

·
Registered
12,996 Posts
DynamicCrawler said:
He said that guy still has the welder and that its blue in color so you know what that means, its Miller Time.
...Or maybe Campbell-Husfield time. :flipoff2:

·
Registered
438 Posts
wagoner machine shop i heard of it.No but seriously ididnt notice you were from oklahoma were you guys build your rigs as big as humanly possible maybe you should get the 251.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts