Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a semi-floating Dana60 (30 spline shafts) rear in my possession that I'd like to make into a 35 spline. Would I be able to get a 35 spline Dana60 spool and get a pair of 35 spline semi-float axle shafts custom made by Moser (or similar)?

Am I missing anything? Is there any other stoppers that I'd run into?

Thanks in advance!

Matt

·
Registered
331 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Originally posted by WillyPete:
<STRONG>the diameter of the tubes, for one thing.

petersen's has a whole article about making na 35 spline 60 in the august issue (pretty sure it's august).</STRONG>

I saw that one, and it is for a full floater setup. They are not changing the diameter of the tube, but they are changing the diameter of the spindle.

·
Registered
617 Posts
I could be wrong, but I think the Peterson's article was referring to a full floater. In the case of a full floater there is the issue of the hole in the spindles being smaller than the 1.55 inches or so required for a 1.5 inch 35 spline axle shaft.

I'm not sure what the deal is with the semi floater, but as there is no spindle, and 3 inch .5 inch wall tubing is going to have an inside diameter of 2 inches, I would think that you could fit the axle shaft in the tube. I would expect that you would need different bearings, and possible different bearing ends (?). I'm sure others on this list know more.

Chad

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.