Pirate 4x4 banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
404 Posts
The knock sensor is deep in the valley, toward the back of the engine. The upper and lower intakes have to come off to get to it. There is a wire harness on the front right of the engine that you can unplug and check the continuity between two pins with an ohm meter. I can't really describe it very well, I would have to get the pic from my FSM and scan it and post it. I will try and check back here over the weekend if I get online. If not I will bring my FSM to work on monday and scan it.

·
Registered
227 Posts
be warned that (at least on my year model) a knock sensor code can be decieving. Usually they won't appear unless there is another code along with it, and once you clear up the original code the knock sensor code will disappear. This of course is for OBDII stuff and you are still on OBDI so it may not apply. But if you had another code along with it then clear up the first code and the knock sensor code should go away once cleared. If this code is by itself...the knock sensor or circuit is probably faulty and yes..it's in the valley

1 - 3 of 3 Posts