Pirate 4x4 banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Trooper Rs remember me LT-1 trooper. i am bringing it out of the shead and its time to start my build up. i am running 1 tons so i need some help with the front. also its sporting a 3 inch body lift right now and i really wanna get rid of that but its there for the body to clear the bell housing. any help with that? any ideas on how to cut the front/ rear ( not just trimming either):flipoff2:

·
Premium Member
389 Posts

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah the search button works wonders if the search brings up what you need:rolleyes: i dont need a thread of guys talking about doing it. i need a thread of it being done. i have met matt(trooper rs) along time ago when he was still thinking about a yota front swap :flipoff2: matt you got any ideas!!!!!!! low COG and big tires?:D

·
Registered
1,993 Posts
jyurs said:
low COG and big tires?:D [/B]
that's what these rigs need. you're gonna scoot the front up a ways and the rear back, since you got a 4 door. you'll probably have to lose a body mount since there's one right behind the rear tire. probably have to cut out the stock rear inner fenders and put some of those bigger ones that look like sections of barrels. can't find a link or pic of em but i think you know what I mean.
edit:
oh and about the BL, you can probably lose it, but to clear the bellhousing you either start cutting the firewall and patching in metal, or maybe lower your motor mounts; then you might have to re-do all your crossmembers.

don't forget to post pics :flipoff2:

·
Registered
1,485 Posts
paulevans76 said:
don't forget to post pics :flipoff2:
Yeh THAT, and the mpeg of you grenading the piss out of a CV at Royal Blue (?), Tellico, or Uwharrie (?) :flipoff2:

I think you're the same dOOd :confused:
Welcome back

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
dude, give credit where credit is due. i bombed one cv, and the whole entire front and rear center sections all at the same time, so hard it shot peices of the spider gears straight through the rear diff cover. and after a $165 tow bill, i brought it home:flipoff2: been wheelin a jeep every since... but you have got to remeber i started building this thing before troopers were cool so i got very tired of no aftermarket support and having to custom make everything. so i got a jeep and went with it. now its time to break tha paratrooper back out and finish it with a lot of bling bling!

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
ahhhh..........Yo what's up LT-1 :flipoff2:

welcome

i have lots of ideas and i expect to hit the trail with you when you get it done as well :D :D

start a new thread with the title being something someone else can "search" on and find the info they need ;)

anmd let's discuss this.

i will post pics of my shit and also what my plans are for the winter.

·
Registered
1,833 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cool matt my name is chad so we can get on a first name bases. i need some ideas bad. i am thinking of a complete chop top. i already have a full roll cage that i can build off of. what do you think? your site is rad. i remember talking to you about straight axle swaps with yota's and now you have gone to the extreme and it rocks. its been so long since i have messed with this thing so your ideas will be a big help to get the creative juices flowing. hope to hear from you soon

·
Premium Member
389 Posts
Hey jyurs didn't mean to point you in the wrong direction with that link i didn't realize what you where looking for or that you had already searched around for it. If you already got with matt on your idea's then you probably know more than I ever will so i'll leave you alone but keep us posted with pics and stuff it sounds like a kick ass project.;)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts